Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Tuesday, October 13

Pickles, Vacuums and Laughter

So when I said yesterday that Laine’s crib mattress needed to be lowered over at Erik’s parent’s house, I meant that it needs to be done at all the houses; mine, Tricia’s and my mom’s. Laine had to sleep in the play yard last night because she scared the pickle out of Erik by almost flipping herself out of her crib. I hadn’t realized how much I’d enjoyed having my room all to myself until she started crying last night. There is a difference in loud noises coming from the baby monitor and loud baby noises coming from the foot of the bed. My first thought was she had fallen out of the crib and crawled into our room; I was up and awake in record time. Three AM freak out to the max.
Last night at my parents house Laine was of course being a super cute kid and distracting everyone from the latest episode of House. Erik was making her do her hysterical laughter and it made everyone else laugh too. After dinner mom used her little mop-vacuum thing to clean up the kitchen and laine wasn't too sure about the noise, she kept looking like she wanted to cry but then mom would pass thorough her line of sight again and she got more interested than scared. Then as we were trying to get Laine to calm down I had her in my lap and she started screaming, so loud. And the faces she made while she was screaming were hilarious, like she was really struggling to get those screams out, really pushing hard at them. I just about hyperventilated laughing at her, that’s one thing I need to get on video soon, Erik got a picture though.

2 comments:

KrysTros said...

haha, too cute with the chubby cheeks!

izonprize said...

It was HYSTERICAL!!!! A memory for sure!