What’s next for us? Because I have a lot of time left here. I’m only 28. I’ve barely started.
Frank Turner
Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.
Wednesday, October 21
Wordy Wednesday
I know I’ve been making Wednesdays wordless here lately, but seriously, really, how long did you expect that to last?
Yesterday it was my birthday. I turned 28. I don’t feel 28. I feel older. When I think back to high school and I remember the dreams I had, all of them included a husband and a home and children, but none of them included me still being this young when I got there. I’ve hardly started this life and I’ve already done so much. I had a full childhood with friends and drama and art and music and red purses. I finished high school even though I never thought I would, I tried out college and failed but that’s okay, I ended up professionally in a field that would have made my degree irrelevant anyway. I gave a son who in turn gave me a brother and sister. I married an astonishingly wonderful man who just happened to have that other half of me. I own a home with that man and two cars, which are both insured. I have a child with that man, which is insured as well. We have paid off our debt and we are taking it easy now.
What’s next for us? Because I have a lot of time left here. I’m only 28. I’ve barely started.
What’s next for us? Because I have a lot of time left here. I’m only 28. I’ve barely started.
4 comments:
hahaha you're cute.
Happy Birthday Again Amanda! Trust me by the age of 23 I felt like I had conquered the world and now 10 yrs later I feel like I have started all over again. You will to, it has just begun for you. Love yall!
Never fear, Grasshopper. There is sooooo much more to come. More than you can ask or think. Enjoy and take it all in. As our foreign exchange student used to say, "Zis vill make fah goot memowies!" Happy Birthday week. We love ya.
AND THE BEST IS YET TO COME! Keep looking at the silver lining--at the rainbows--at the lemonade--at the grace, goodness, faithfulness of a God who has declared over you...Jer 29:11 'For I know the plans that I have for you (AMANDA),' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.
And because God said the following about you, and God is not a man that He would lie--you are DOUBLY blessed!
Deu 28:2 "All these blessings will come upon you and overtake you if you obey the LORD your God:
Deu 28:3 "Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country.
Deu 28:4 "Blessed shall be the offspring of your body and the produce of your ground and the offspring of your beasts, the increase of your herd and the young of your flock.
Deu 28:5 "Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl.
Deu 28:6 "Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.
Deu 28:7 "The LORD shall cause your enemies who rise up against you to be defeated before you; they will come out against you one way and will flee before you seven ways.
Deu 28:8 "The LORD will command the blessing upon you in your barns and in all that you put your hand to, and He will bless you in the land which the LORD your God gives you.
Deu 28:9 "The LORD will establish you as a holy people to Himself, as He swore to you, if you keep the commandments of the LORD your God and walk in His ways.
Deu 28:10 "So all the peoples of the earth will see that you are called by the name of the LORD, and they will be afraid of you.
Deu 28:11 "The LORD will make you abound in prosperity, in the offspring of your body and in the offspring of your beast and in the produce of your ground, in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers to give you.
Deu 28:12 "The LORD will open for you His good storehouse, the heavens, to give rain to your land in its season and to bless all the work of your hand; and you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow.
Deu 28:13 "The LORD will make you the head and not the tail, and you only will be above, and you will not be underneath, if you listen to the commandments of the LORD your God, which I charge you today, to observe them carefully,
Deu 28:14 and do not turn aside from any of the words which I command you today, to the right or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them.
Post a Comment