I

’ve been trying to figure out what to write about today and I’ve got nil. So I’m just going to free write a bit. I haven’t updated anyone on the gifts I received for my birthday and I’m sure you’re all dying to know what I got and you didn’t but I’ll tell you anyway. I got the start of my unique
mug/cup collection, which will one day rule the world. I got two books that I’ve been looking forward to reading for a while. I got some
make up that seriously makes you feel a million times prettier than you actually are (that’s a good thing). I got a sewing machine, so no more hand stitching

, no more blisters and no more crooked seams. I got shoes and scarves and a frame and a
griddle and a
baster and a
dress and a
whatever clock and a
spatula and
TONGS! I mean. I also got a Whinny the Pooh time-out stool to put in Laine’s room. I’ll be taking photos of everything soon I'm sure.
Erik says my gift from him will be here in about a week, but I’m happy with the shoes he got me, I mean, SHOES!
So this morning I woke up to our street flooded. Not with adoring fans as it should have been but from rain that decided not to drain like in all the other streets. So I ended up being late to work. I didn’t roll in until after ten o’clock. I might as well have stayed home for all the work I got done t

oday. Instead of updating my job logs or programming I’ve been wasting my time by updating my
Wishpot gift ideas list for everyone’s Christmas presents. It’s going to be awesome if I can just remember to buy what’s on those lists in the time frame I set out for myself. We want to get Christmas shopping all done before Thanksgiving if we can. Being broke during the Christmas season isn’t an option for us this year.

Erik showed up to my work today and brought me a sandwich and iced tea, he’s such a great guy. But then he groped my chest and I had to break his hand. Or try to at least, he got all whiney and went upstairs and now I have no internet. So this won’t be posted until after he’s done being a little girl about it. But if what I hear is right after today we will no longer have satellite internet. He’s setting us up with a T1 line so hopefully the super important conversations I have about stuff with
my person won’t be interrupted anymore with random hour long moments of “are you there, it says you’re there but you’re not responding, is the internet down again, why aren’t you responding, did you go to lunch, its giving me errors”, because those are really getting to be irritating. Mostly because I have no one and nothing to blame it on, so I just get aggravated and then have to swallow it, I hate swallowing anger at inanimate objects that I should be able to bash with a hammer. Stupid company owned equipment.

Tonight is our weekly meeting of the no-boys-allowed-honey-take-the-kid-upstairs-hey-look-there’s-a-new-girl-here club (the name still needs work). It is the night for Fringe and Grey’s and Private Practice and hopefully a Zuppa Toscana Soup that I am going to try very hard to make. Erik was supposed to be in Dallas tonight but with all the rain and flooding he stay

ed home which means that he gets to take care of the baby for us while we have our night. I’m so tired right now and I feel like this week’s kicking my butt, but in a good way, that really I just want a night to sleep to make up for all the eating and being happy I’ve been doing the last couple of days but that only means that I need coffee stat because nothing gets in the way of me and my
The Name Still Needs Work Club meetings.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Punkin!!!!!
Post a Comment