Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.
Monday, October 19
Weekend Update
First off let me say happy birthday to my person’s man; Happy birthday person’s man. I know that it took me longer than usually to get this update up but I do have a job and that has to come first. So this is my lunch break, and the only time I’ll have to do this today, I’m hoping the details don’t suffer for it. Let’s start with Friday; around 2:30 my boss, some co-workers and I headed out to the back of the property to feed the hogs. I have photos of that but I think I’ll spare you. On our way back to the office my boss thought it would be a genius idea to drive through a pit of mud in a golf card weighed down with five people. I got mud all over me. And I was wearing a dress. I packed up and went home at 3:45. I’m sorry but I do not work well when I am covered in mud, and these folks aren’t near as fun as they used to be ever since I quit drinking at work. So I got home around 4:30 and I took a quick shower and disinfected myself because I swear that was sewer water we drove through and I smelled like poop it was gross. After I got done cleaning up I picked up Laine and we went and got my mom so that we could all go do some shopping at Target. Mom wanted to get me a new shirt for our family reunion on Saturday and I wasn’t about to argue with her over it. Anyway I needed to do some grocery shopping. Mom gave me some outfits she had bought for Laine and she wore two of them on Saturday, there are still two more shirts we haven’t tried on yet but I’m thinking daycare tomorrow would be the perfect time for that. While we were at Target I bought eight dinners worth of groceries and only spent $74. I was surprised with myself, HEB is the only place I’ve been shopping at lately, I was proud that I was able to move my frugal shopping habits over to another store that I don’t know. Target isn’t a place I’m used to buying a lot of groceries at, but now I know it can be done, a little more expensively than what I’m used to but still within my budget. However HEB is still my number one pick. After shopping I got home around 8:30 to find Erik and Stimpy hanging out waiting for the pizza they ordered because they got too hungry waiting on me to make dinner, but that’s okay because dinner didn’t get done until almost midnight anyway. I got ambitious and made stew. (I took a bunch of pictures of that too, but thats a whole other blog) Really good red wine and a really good friend to talk to makes late night cooking fun. I didn’t eat any of the stew though, it got to be too late for me and I crashed out around 1:30. We got up around 6:30 Saturday morning so that we could make sure we were on the road to Ren Fair by 8:30 and we were, it took me a while to pack up Laine’s bag, but by the time I was done that baby was ready for the end of days. At least she had enough supplies to last at least three days; I didn’t even have to repack that bag this morning for day care. We made it to Fair around 9:45 and eventually met up with Erik’s family. Cassie and Jenn played King of the Log; Cassie won, nobody will forget, she won’t let them.
Then Jenn and James race on the rock wall, I’m pretty sure Jenn could have had James on that wall if she hadn’t been beaten with a pillow moments before.
Walking around Ren Fair and seeing how much Laine was enjoying all the costumes and characters around made me really wish that my person and the bean were there. Next time maybe. We walked around the park for a little while, got a Turkey leg to eat for a late breakfast and had a small glass of honey mead that was amazing and before we knew it noon had come and gone and we had to head out to my family reunion. A nice surprise waited for us in that Jacob and his family as well as Danny and Damone had come to the reunion too. It was super amazing to have everyone in the family in one spot. We ended up getting a great family picture too. As usual the food and company was amazing, and I wish I had taken more pictures but we did get a couple.
Laine and Grandma got down on the floor together and had a really great time making each other laugh. Liz came and joined us for a little bit and that is about all I saw of my kid while we were there. She got passed around a lot, I love family reunions, it’s like having a babysitter at the party, you don’t have to take care of the kids but you don’t have to pick them up after either. Around 4:30 I woke Erik up from the nap he was taking on the couch and we and headed back out to Fair to hang out with Erik’s family a little bit more. We got there right before the joust began and Erik was so excited to see Laine see the horses, but we never got that far because she started crying every time the crowd would cheer, It was a little cute at first but after a few minutes we saw that it was really bothering her so we left that area and decided to just take our time and meander a bit. Time flew by and soon it was 7:00 and time to leave. We’ve already decided to go back in November and try to get a whole day’s worth of Fair in. I’m totally going to be a nagging wife to my person and try to get her to come with me. I really want to see Josie experience a place like that. It’ll give me something to look forward to for next year when Laine will be able to enjoy it more. After we got done at Fair we headed out to the car to find that Jenn couldn’t find hers. It turns out that she had parked on the other side of the fair grounds, but it took a long while before that was figured out. We finally made it back home close to 10:00 where we crashed hard. Sunday morning we were up and at ‘em again at 7:30. Laine came and joined us in bed for about a half an hour before we got up and made breakfast and then took a long family shower. We were ready for church by 9:00, an hour early, so Erik and Laine rested a bit on the couch and watched Doom. Church was great again, Darren started a new series this time on Exchanged Life and we are all looking forward to hear what he talks about next week. Laine did well in the nursery this Sunday but when I got her out and brought her into the sanctuary, she saw her grandma and had to have her. I love how attached she is to my mom already; it reminds me of how I always want to be around my grandma when she’s near. After church my parents took Laine to lunch and home while Erik and I rushed home to change and head out to the Dynamo game. This weeks game they were giving out jersey’s to the first 5000 fans, we would have made it if we hadn’t forgotten the tickets, so instead of getting there two hours early like we planned we were only a half an hour early. The game was incredibly engaging this week so that made up for any freebies we missed out on. We played the L.A. Galaxy and I have to just put this out there; David Beckham is not nearly as pretty in person as he is in the magazines. I guess when you don’t have Armani under panties and professional lighting you just look like a normal guy. But the full beard did make him come across as less of a fruit cake, so at least he had that going for him. After the game we were rushing again, trying to get down to League City to run to the grocery store to get the green beans to make bundles for dinner at the McFee’s. We got to my parent’s house close to 5:00 and I got the bundles in the oven at 5:18. At 5:33 we left mom’s house and headed over to the McFee’s with half cooked beans but they were still working on the shrimp so I was able to bake them a bit more. Colleen seemed to really like them, which made me happy. I thought they went really well with the shrimp. And when I say she made shrimp I mean that she pulled down stars from the heavens and battered them in angels' tears and fried them in babies’ smiles and I seriously ate until I thought I would pop. After dinner Laine and Josie had a laughing fit together upstairs (catch the amazing video here, as well as the super amazing Josie dance here.) Then we all went downstairs again and had supper yummy carrot cake and hung out until 8:00 when we had to pack up again and head back to my parents to see one of their old friends who was flying in. She got to their house around 9:45 and we visited for a while until Laine started fussing and so we finally, finally made it back home. Eleven thirty on Sunday night was my favorite moment of the entire weekend. That’s when it ended. This weekend wonderfully fun and exciting but man, it kicked my butt.
What a cool weekend! Almost as awesome as mine (you had far too much driving around and late nights out with a little one for my cup o tea, but im a weenie and your not lol.) I think going to the fair sounds like a lot of fun, hopefully my pregnant self will be able to manage all the walking :) I think we would have fun too. I love Laine's new outfits, she is looking like such a little lady :) (and nice description of the shimp lol. FYI I was serious when I said that the green beans were so good that they made me tear up a little... food doens't do that often. Must be the love in in it:)
1 comment:
What a cool weekend! Almost as awesome as mine (you had far too much driving around and late nights out with a little one for my cup o tea, but im a weenie and your not lol.) I think going to the fair sounds like a lot of fun, hopefully my pregnant self will be able to manage all the walking :) I think we would have fun too.
I love Laine's new outfits, she is looking like such a little lady :)
(and nice description of the shimp lol. FYI I was serious when I said that the green beans were so good that they made me tear up a little... food doens't do that often. Must be the love in in it:)
Post a Comment