Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Tuesday, September 29

#11 Finished

101 Things That Make Me Happy
I started this list on August 28th, it's taken me one month and one day to finish.

1) The way Erik and Laine smell like each other at the end of a Saturday.
2) A spastic dancing moment to Eye of the Tiger.
3) The way Colleen laughs at all my jokes that are meant to be laughed at.
4) Knowing the answer to the question “you know that guy that was in that movie…”
5) Making a dinner that no one finds fault with.
6) Having a person.
7) Going to a soccer game with Erik on a cool night.
8) Getting a few minutes to my self to shut my eyes and pretend life is easy again.
9) Getting a haircut.
10) Getting a pedicure with someone else.
11) Hearing a song that reminds me of a specific happy time in my life.
12) Family dinners.
13) Having an old friend call me out of the blue just to chat.
14) The way my dad has become comfortable enough with me to make fun of me.
15) Watching Top Gun or Robin Hood for the millionth time.
16) Popcorn. No butter. No salt.
17) The way that Erik never does anything (that matters) half assed.
18) Blaring Billy Idol in the middle of rush hour traffic and singing as loud as I can with my windows rolled down and seeing that one person that’s singing along with me.
19) Buying myself a new coffee mug to go with a new flavor of coffee.
20) Looking through old pictures and remembering when.
21) A good cup of coffee with a good book.
22) The Christmas Season.
23) Bruce Willis.
24) Saving money with coupons at the grocery store.
25) Watching Laine do something for the first time.
26) Homemade biscuits with butter and jelly.
27) When Erik calls me for no reason.
28) Seeing my daughter and my grandmother laughing together.
29) The way Levi sings to Laine.
30) Being able to tell my person anything and everything.
31) Swimming on a hot day in a pool with lots of shade.
32) Timothy Olyphant.
33) Quad Venti Raspberry White Mocha, no whip, no foam, extra hot, with a slice of Zucchini Walnut bread, and my person.
34) Being able to buy a new pair of shoes and not feel guilty about it.
35) The fact that I can start a challenge an finish it without using my Go-Amanda-Go Team.
36) The fact that I have a Go-Amanda-Go Team.
37) Finding new music.
38) When a series I’m reading has the next book printed in paperback.
39) Seasonal flavors of Coffee Mate coffee creamers.
40) Thursday nights.
41) Peanut butter.
42) A chilled glass of Riesling.
43) Getting a good rant out of my system to someone who will listen to the whole thing without interrupting and then agree with me whole heartedly when I’m done.
44) Watching my parents fall in love over and over again.
45) Having my brother live close to me.
46) When the bag boy at HEB flirts with me.
47) When Erik tells me he likes what I’m wearing.
48) Laine’s good morning smile.
49) Seeing old friends in random places.
50) Watching Jacob, Josh and Laine just be siblings with each other.
51) Getting to church at the same time as Levi and Sydney so we aren’t the only ones walking in late.
52) The way Erik lets me win, even though he knows I’ll gloat for days.
53) Movie night with Colleen.
54) Cookies and Cream ice cream.
55) Watching Laine figure out how to turn on the sink.
56) Finally killing that bug that’s been flying around my office from two days.
57) Reading comments on my blog.
58) Finishing another challenge.
59) Buying new makeup.
60) Seeing Laine’s reaction to when she sneeze/farts.
61) Having all my laundry done.
62) Shopping at Target.
63) Seeing snow outside on my windowsill.
64) Jack Johnson.
65) New red pens.
66) A hot cup of chamomile and lavender tea.
67) Hearing Erik talk about remodeling the house.
68) Homemade milkshakes.
69) Family fun time.
70) Hearing Josie say wah-wah!
71) Time management computer games.
72) Listening to news radio in the morning.
73) Google-ing random words and reading the blogs that I find.
74) Getting so far ahead at work that I have a whole day to organize my photos.
75) Early evening walks with Erik and Laine.
76) Pacey/Peter.
77) The way Laine says Mama.
78) Super hot coffee.
79) All paperwork having a file, all files in order.
80) Making home made birthday presents.
81) Seeing Laine with my grandpa and how proud he is to show her off to everyone that passes.
82) Sonic Ice!
83) Soft shoes.
84) Morning where I am able to take Laine to daycare.
85) Being able to blog out my issues, it’s better than talking them out sometimes.
86) Not just beating Erik at something, but royally stomping his ass.
87) Being able to afford to buy lunch for my parents.
88) Road trips with Erik and Laine
89) Clean sheets and continental breakfasts, hotels rock my socks.
90) Mr. Clay’s creamed corn… I drool.
91) Watching Laine crawl after Erik.
92) Starting and finishing a craft project.
93) Putting up Christmas decorations.
94) Ella Fitzgerald.
95) Taking photos of Laine in the bath.
96) Finishing a job before Charlie asks for it.
97) The smell of hot chocolate and marshmallows roasting.
98) New bath oils.
99) Getting audio texts from Erik
100) Driving through the country with the windows down and the radio up.
101) Knowing that there are more than 101 things that make me happy.

2 comments:

BColleen said...

AHHH BRAVO! Awesome list! there are sooo many things that I totally agree with you on. TOTALLY. I can tell you if you want. Dang it, now i feel the need to make my own list. lol.
You rock, and I love you for appreciating things like I do, appreciating little things, and getting a high off the little splurges that we get sometimes.
We are pretty flippin lucky huh? :)

izonprize said...

Yeah....you are DEFINITELY a thankful girl! God bless you!