Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Wednesday, September 30

Contagious

Sometimes Laine will be in one of those moods where nothing short of a handstand and making boogity boo noises will do to make her smile. Last night was one of those nights. Before dad got home Laine and I danced in the kitchen to Bruce Springsteen, walked around the back yard with the dogs, went out front to see the squirrels and played a game of who can spit the loudest, and through all of that I got maybe one laugh. One. Maybe.
Erik got home after I ran out of ideas, I had her sitting in her little play chair scooty thing while I was cooking dinner and in comes Erik, strait to the fridge and grabs and ice cream sandwich, which since the universe knew that it would ruin his dinner, slapped it out of his hand and it hit the floor, and Erik made a noise, very close to boogity boo. He didn't stand on his head but he did make the noises and dang it if it didn't produce the most contagious laughter she's had yet.

And again we got lucky with the video camera being handy. This is one of those things that I hope we still have to show her when she's older.

No comments: