F
irst Erik had a different opinion about Laine eating meat. So she ate beef and vegetables for dinner Saturday night. I took a photo of it but I can’t find it now. Sometimes when I make my Grr face it causes a vortex of angry electronic validation eaters, or random photo deletion due to the radiation emitting from my eyeballs. I wasn’t really angry though, I just wasn’t ready for her to grow up that little bit yet. She did fine with it, no gagging and she seemed to enjoy it, the little traitor. Whatever.
Second, everyone but Erik got sick this weekend. We took it easy the whole weekend, lounging and swimming and spending time curled up together in bed watching the food network for hours on end. It was bliss, if you don’t count the sore throats and coughing and sneezing, it was wonderful. I do have photos of that.
Third, I found out on Thursday night that I’d been keeping a real good secret for my dad. I think he’s learned that the best way for me to keep a secret is to just not tell me, I’m good enough friends with myself to let you know that it’s true, if you want a secret kept don’t tell me, because my husband my mom and my person will know.
They just will. They always do, because I tell them. Some might see that as a problem but I’ve learned that full disclosure in the beginning saves for heartache at the end so that’s how I deal with everything in life now. Oh the lessons you learn in college!
Dad surprised mom with a trip to Mexico! Just the two of them! For eight days! Erik’s got a lot of “I-married-you-because-you-remind-me-of-my-father-so-you-got-a-lot-living-up-to-the-original” to do…
We really did have a great weekend in spite of our sicknesses. There was no drama, no stress and no worries. The weather was good enough to let Erik mow the lawn but then the rain came at the exact time I was going to ask him to leave the rest for next weekend; it's like God was listening to my thoughts... that's handy. We got to spend a short amount of time with some friends this weekend, people we haven't seen in a long time and it's ridiculous that it's been so long. Thank goodness for weddings and births otherwise we’d never see anyone.
Just an FYI, I started my challenge to not eat fast food for three months; I ‘m on day 23 today and I was going to keep an updated calendar like I did for the water challenge but this is a lot easier than I though I would be
and most days I have nothing to say about missing fast food, because I don’t really, except for Whataburger every now and then.
Third, I found out on Thursday night that I’d been keeping a real good secret for my dad. I think he’s learned that the best way for me to keep a secret is to just not tell me, I’m good enough friends with myself to let you know that it’s true, if you want a secret kept don’t tell me, because my husband my mom and my person will know.
Dad surprised mom with a trip to Mexico! Just the two of them! For eight days! Erik’s got a lot of “I-married-you-because-you-remind-me-of-my-father-so-you-got-a-lot-living-up-to-the-original” to do…
Just an FYI, I started my challenge to not eat fast food for three months; I ‘m on day 23 today and I was going to keep an updated calendar like I did for the water challenge but this is a lot easier than I though I would be
FOUND IT!!!
The photo of Erik feeding Laine meat.
2 comments:
I really miss Whataburger too :(
I admire that you can do this all on your own. Myself? I can't eat it because of the surgery. I guess I could eat it if I really wanted but that would defeat the purpose of the surgery! Hope Erik feels better, hope I get to see your baby before she is like 10 and I hope that Lee has a nice vacation. So much stress lately! I have you beat, I haven't eaten Whataburger in 29 days, wooohoo! Good luck with that! I can't wait to see how it goes.
I laughed when I read that you just weren't ready for Laine to grow up like that quite yet, the grow up regardless. You know that lady. Heck you have seen more than just Laine grow up into little kids.. :)
Post a Comment