Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Monday, October 12

Weekend Update

Friday night was a lot of fun; it started out frenzied for me and a little more than just hectic. Laine was super needy, wanting to be held and talked to so before I was able to start on anything I needed to get her belly full and get her cleaned up so that I could set her down in her walker; when she’s full and clean she’s happy to just watch what’s going on around her, sometimes I feel guilty for setting her down when I know she wants to be held but we gotta eat man! So I got a little late start on dinner but that’s okay because Erik was a little late getting home so in the end it all worked out. My person and her family came over for dinner and it was so nice to have them over. Josie was a knock out in her dress and cardigan, and her pigtails flounce so perfectly it’s adorable. What a heartbreaker she already is!
I made Chicken Enchiladas for dinner and black beans too, neither of which I’d ever made before, I didn’t use a recipe for either so I was holding my breath as everyone took their first bites. No one died, so it’s a win! It was great to just sit with friends talking over each other and laughing together, we need to do it more often.
Right at 8:00 Laine gave up and passed out and it was getting to be Josie’s bed time too so the McFee’s left us for their own house while Erik and I stayed up a little later watching TV together before calling it a good night.
We ended up sleeping in until almost 9:00. That’s way late for us, for those of you who don’t know. Laine woke me up with her talking. I peeked in her room and she was just jabbering away at Eeyore, I tried to sneak down the stairs to grab the camera but she heard me and started crying to get picked up so I got a picture of that.
Since we had no where to go and no one to see this weekend we took our time waking up. Erik slept a little later than we did until Laine thought he should get up, she crawled over to his side of the bed and smacked him good, then we all just lounged around and had a tickle fight until Laine got hungry so I got her dressed and headed downstairs to feed her, while I was down there blueberry muffins started to sound really good so they went in the oven while I headed back upstairs and talked dad into a family shower. It’s really some of the most fun we have as a family.
When showers were done we all headed downstairs to eat the perfectly done muffins and watch Disaster House for about an hour. Sitting around together Erik and I decided that Laine needed new leggings and socks so we got Laine’s bag packed up and we headed out to Carter's to use the coupon that my person gave me during our last Thursday meeting of the OMG-Pacey-is-So-Hot-is-That-Really-Izzies-Hair-Club (yeah, the name still needs work). 20% off if you spend $50 is what the coupon was for and it ended up being even more amazing because Carter’s was having a 50-70% off sale. So Laine got a Lain outfit like the anime that Erik likes, three dresses and one sweater/pants set all for $47 but we didn’t get any socks or leggings so we headed over to Target and got leggings for $3.77 each which seemed like a lot but it was worth it. She looked dang cute in them.
While at Target I also bought myself new underwear, so that’s number 37 off my list. It’s not anything fancy but it is something just for me and that’s always nice every now and then. We also got a little something for Josie’s Christmas present, I really can’t wait to see her with it, it’s going to be so cute.
As we left Target Torben called to let Erik know about the Denmark/Sweden World Cup qualifiers game that was on TV at 4:00 so we headed to the house and grabbed all our leftover’s from last week, the stuffed cabbage rolls, stuffed bell peppers and the chicken enchiladas from Friday night and brought it all over to Erik’s parents house to share as we watched the game. Everything got eaten so that made me very happy, I have a clean slate to start from for cooking this week.
While we were there Tricia got down a bunch of toys from her attic and let Laine play with them. She enjoyed the music maker in her crib the best, but I feel that the crib needs to be adjusted a bit; Laine is pulling herself up too well for the mattress to be so high now.
Friday night we had made some iffy plans with the McFee’s to do a movie but that fell through so Erik and I decided to first go on our own then decided against it, the movie we want to see will be better viewed as a group. So we then decided to rent a movie or two from his mother, which we did, however when we got home Erik passed out almost immediately on the couch. It was so weird, he wasn’t even tired and he never takes napes but sure enough, 8:30 and he was out. So I guess a movie was a bad idea anyway. I took Erik upstairs and put him to bed while I stayed up for a bit then I gave in too, it had been a pretty full day that wore me out too.
Laine woke up at 3:00 because she got a little cold. When we had stopped at the house to get leftovers we had opened all the windows in the house to let it air out while we were gone and it felt so nice that we just left them open during the night, but Laine’s fan was also on and her blanket had come off so she was in need of a snuggle to warm up but then she was wide awake, so I had to walk her around for about an hour before she would even take a bottle and go back to sleep. And then she woke up again at 7:00 needing to be changed but went back down nicely that time. We all slept in until 9:15; church starts at 10:00 so we had to rush, and I had to be sneaky about getting Erik up out of bed. Normally he is difficult to wake up but seeing as how he really did wear himself out the day before (yeah, drinking and watching soccer, hard work) he was still really sleepy. So I stripped down and stood in the middle of the room naked and asked him if he wanted to get me dirty before I got in the shower… that got him up. We were a few minutes late to church, but I think God will forgive us.
Church was good this Sunday. I didn’t forget Laine’s bottle so I was able to stay the whole sermon. Darren is getting over the flu so he sounded a little worn down but I thought the sermon was wonderful; simple Jesus, simple faith, that’s my kind of talkin’. After the sermon we all stood around like a bunch of hens in a coop trying to round everyone up to see where lunch would be. Amy and I both felt like eating breakfast so Cracker Barrel sounded wonderful to us, but there was an hour wait for a table so we went to Marina’s instead, good food either way in my book. Levi and Sydney showed up for lunch too so that was nice. I haven’t seen them in years it seems. Mom asked if she could keep Laine for a little while so after she went rollerblading with Mrs. White she came and picked Laine up. Erik and I were able to clean up the house a bit, I went to Barnes and Noble to buy myself a journal for my recipes to replace the journal I lost and I got my person’s husband’s birthday present while I was out. When I got home the living room had been vacuumed and Erik had lit candles, it was probably the sexiest moment of his life. And I told him so. He didn’t get it.
With Laine gone and all of out leftover's gone I was able to concentrate on dinner more than I usually am, I had made a wonderful snack for myself Saturday night and I wanted to try to turn it into something Erik would like too so I grilled some zucchini, squash and mushrooms with a lot of black pepper and butter and we made tacos. They were more than super amazing tacos to tell the truth, almost unbelievably amazing tacos. Erik doesn’t usually like vegetarian meals, but he went back for a second plate after he said he wasn’t that hungry, so I’m counting that as a win.
Erik and I ate dinner in a quiet house with no baby and no TV; it was nice, so comfortable and relaxing. After diner we snuggled on the couch for a while before going to pick up Laine at Momma and Daddy's. She had fallen asleep right before we got there and man, she was out, like a rag doll getting her in and out of the car seat and up to bed. She woke up about a half hour later though and stayed up until almost 11:00. She seemed fussy so I’m hoping that nothing is wrong with her, she doesn’t typically get fussy for no reason. She woke up during the night once; Erik got up with her for me so I don’t know when she woke up or how long she stayed up. I’m a little lost not knowing that information, weird.
This morning Laine woke me up with her talking around 6:00 but I just turned up the baby monitor so if she got loud enough Erik would get up and I took a shower and got ready, ends up she just went back to sleep so I left her there for Erik to take to daycare. Tonight will be my night for getting up with her and I’ll probably take her to daycare too so that Erik can sleep in a little if he wants. This morning I was able to get to work a little early and since I’ve been here it’s stopped raining and blue skies have come out, I’ve programmed two jobs already and updated all my spreadsheets, if today keeps going the way it is, it’ll be a good day.
This weekend Erik brought up our finances a time or two and today he sent me an email with a link to a potential new daycare for Laine. Tuition has gotten ridiculous, and this new place will save us almost $100 a month, but really the more I read about the school the more I want to send her there because of the school itself, not because of the price, and that makes the decision easier to make. Hopefully this new place will be as good to us as La Petit has been; it looks to be a school that likes to include parents a lot, so Erik and I should be going for a visit soon. I’ll blog about that later I’m sure.
Well that was our weekend. Family, food and fun; it’s really all you need in life.

1 comment:

izonprize said...

I think the fussiness after being at my house was because she missed LaNana! LOL hahahahah.... Seriously though, I think it might be because I gave her the regular formula instead of the soy youhave been using...my bad.