Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Monday, October 26

Weekend Update

Let me start off by saying how much it pains me to move away from my 100 spot, it was comfortable there, I felt content in that space, but we move on don’t we?
At work on Friday I had an interesting day. I woke up fairly late, close to 6:45 so I had to rush with my shower and getting dressed. I didn’t have time to make breakfast so I sliced an apple really quick and ate it on the way to work. Once I got here I did a little blogging and sent out my Daily Laine. Later I went to the farmers market at lunch and bought some more of the trail mix that I make the Villages of the Pea People out of, it’s really good stuff. I also got some grapes that are HUGE and seedless and the best ever as well as some squash and zucchini and two pumpkins for carving. A fire marshal stopped by and got all douchy with Jim about the fact that they don’t know how to do their own jobs and look up paperwork so they thought that we built our new building illegally or something, it was laughable. And the marshal was like ten; his badge was bigger than he was. Then around 1:30 my boss had a delivery, everyone was called outside to help haul it in; ten cases of Costa Rican lager. A case of beer got started and it was finished by 3:30 at which point I clocked out, I don’t drink at work so I didn’t see a point in sticking around to watch them do it.
Friday night mom and dad had us over for dinner; Levi was in town so we got to celebrate my birthday again this time as a full family. Momma made some gumbo and potato salad and the Whites and the Schmale's came over and ate with us. We tried really hard to get a good picture of Laine and Amy playing together and it just didn't happen. We’ll try again next time. I did get a couple of great photos of Laine by herself in the back yard. I was almost able to get here to try the grass but she's just not too sure about it yet. I also got a great video of momma and daddy messing around; prepare yourself before viewing. I'm not responsible for you peeing yourself with laughter.



Erik and I went to the movies Friday night after dinner. Momma watched Laine for us and Mike gave Colleen permission to come out, I’m so glad she came with us too, everything is a bazillion times more fun when you have your person with you. Just for your information, Law Abiding Citizen is a great movie. Just take my word for it and go watch it.
Friday night Laine and I were up at 1:30, 4:00 and 6:30, just hanging out and talking to each other mostly. I had to take her into the blue room at 6:30, she was getting a little rowdy and I didn't want to wake Erik up. But the dogs started barking anyway when they heard they floors creaking and he got up to let them out and then joined us in bed in the blue room. There must be something about Erik’s smell that calms her because she passed out soon after he got there and as soon as she slept I did too. Erik took Laine and put her down in her bed but left me to sleep in a little more. I woke up close to 9:00 and was all by myself in a strange room, and that’s was a weird feeling I haven’t felt in years. Laine was still sleeping so I went back to my bed and found Erik still asleep too so I cuddled up to him and we all slept until Laine got up around 10:00. I got up and cut up an apple for breakfast and Laine seriously wanted one so I gave her a slice, Saturday October 24, 2009, Laine's first apple!
As soon as we woke up I got a hold of my person and made plans to meet her and her family at the church that sells pumpkins and we were able to take some amazing photos of each others families. I really hope that becomes an annual tradition for all of us. It’s so much fun to do together. Avery was being super adorable and wanting to pose for all her photos, she’s gotten really good at doing sweet smiles for photographs. And she’s apparently got a mad love for tiny pumpkins; she seemed to want to take all of them home with her. And the Bean has charmed Erik, she can do no wrong in his eyes, Josie is bar none Erik’s favorite toddler. Josie has a love for big pumpkins, she kept running to the largest ones she could find then more or less hug them and say BIG! And then Erik would say “did you see that, she hugged a pumpkin and said BIG!" I got a recap of all her movements. It was really adorable. Josie was all about the big pumpkins last year too and I'm looking forward to seeing if she does it again next year.
We didn't get to carve our pumpkins this weekend like I wanted to; we couldn’t seem to find the time. So maybe we can do it tonight.
After we left the pumpkin patch we went home for a quick pit stop and some grocery gathering before heading over to his parent’s house. I had all the veggies to make a spaghetti sauce and since his whole family was going to be there Erik and I decided to make lunch for everyone. There wasn’t even a spoonful left over, everyone loved it and my cooking ego inflated monstrously. After lunch all the kids went into the office with Tricia and got the walk through of all the Rosendahl important information, just so everyone knows where everything is. Tricia and Torben are taking a trip together to Egypt next week, so precautions have to be made as far as their estate.
After all that was taken care of we all made our way to the theater room to watch family movies that Torben had put together. I was amazed to see how everyone had changed in the last two years. I used to have some amazing legs, I mean, they went for miles. I don't know what happened or how I got these stumpy things now, but something drastic needs to happen, and soon.
Tricia had a meeting with the ladies of the neighborhood for dinner and Kate was about to heat up a frozen dinner and I wasn’t having any of that so I took her to the store and we made dinner for everyone. Laine was so tired that she started double fisting the thumbs, it was time to go hime but we didn't make it there until after ten. Erik took midnight duty for me and ended up getting up with Laine twice and staying up with her both time for a while. Poor kid, I don't know why she's not sleeping.
Sunday we woke up late, almost 9:30. Church starts at 10:00. We made it there late but we made it there and sometimes that’s what matters. Jacob asked us if we'd like to go to his karate tournament and I was really excited to go but it ended up not being a tournament at all but instead a "you gotta show up and your parents have to by tickets and you'll just stand there and maybe to do a kick or two, but hey, now you can move on to the next belt color" thing. So we opted out of that. Since Momma was having her brother come into town Erik and I were on our own for lunch. So we went to Cracker Barrel and had an amazing lunch. Once we got home Laine and I watched some TV while she calmed down a bit and rested. When I tried to put her down for a nap she flipped out on me so I decided to get her out of the house and she and I went to the mall while Erik did yard work. I had to return a dress I got for my birthday and I ended up getting a really nice black and white dress that will be great for Christmas this year. I’m very excited to have a new dress for Christmas, I’ve worn the same dress two years in a row now, and although that dress is amazing I’d rather not wear it again if I don’t have to. I also bought three shirts from Lane Bryant, they were having an amazing sale and I only spent 12 bucks so, I win.
Once I got home I fed Laine and played around with her for a little bit and then made some chili for dinner. After we finished eating my mom called to let us know that they were headed over to Waffle House so my uncle and his wife and my cousin could get some food before heading out. So Erik and I went to meet them for some coffee. It was great to see them all doing so well. Kristi was looking smoking hot and Cody looked really good too, much better than the last time I saw him. And Uncle Edward never seems to change to me; I think I’d be okay if someone said that to me after a couple of years. People who age well bug me though, because I don’t think I’ll age very well and I have severe jealousy issues.
After we left the Waffle House Erik and I headed over to Wal-Mart-- that's an amazing sentence right there!
At Wal-Mart we bought some safely gates to divide up areas for Laine, she's just getting too curious and put-everything-in-my-mouthy. Erik tinkered with putting them up but I think he needs a full afternoon to figure out the perfect place to put them, because apparently aesthetics are important when it comes to big ol’ wood gates in the middle of the hallway. I’ll be happy with however he puts them up as long as Laine can't pull them down on top of her.
Laine only woke up once last night so I got mostly good nights sleep. I woke up early this morning and was able to use one of my gift cards from my birthday and get myself a cheese danish that rocked my world and a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks that really made this morning a good one.
Now its off to getting this day started so I can kick its butt.

5 comments:

BColleen said...

Beautiful weekend huh? I hope we have many more years at the pumpkin patch with you guys as well :)

BColleen said...

Also, I loved the video of your parents. I showed it to Michael, and he laughed a bunch. We both hope to be like that when we are their age and beyond :)

izonprize said...

I love the way you capture the moments of life in such an interesting way....never, never quit grasshopper!

izonprize said...

such a sweet weekend we needed it!

KrysTros said...

OMG your mom and dad is too funny! She should wrestle in the MMA she has good takedown skills LOL.
Not really digging the pic of me but Elaine pulls it all together so I guess that's ok!