Last night Erik and I went out see The Pogues play at House of Blues. For an event that completely turned everyone's plans for Thursday upside down it all turned out okay. Instead of going to dinner before the show with the family, Erik and I ate at Freebirds near our house and I’m pretty sure that’s what made the night start off right, we were able to talk a bit about our days and generally not rush ourselves. It’s so nice when we get a few minutes to ourselves, and we take those minutes where we can. I realized while I was at the show what an old lady I’m becoming. I was ill at the thought of all the split beer on the floor and the mashed up aluminum bottles and cans that those dirty kids were throwing everywhere. I was cringing every time someone screamed out in a drunken fit about what song the band should play next and I didn’t laugh at the fact that the lead singer was so unintelligible, so incomprehensible due to his drunken state that he needed the tin flute player to translate for him. Most of his warbling had something to do with Napoleon from what I did understand. And to think four years ago I was trashed and thrashing around the pit at a Dropkick Murphy show, cheering as my sister climbed onstage to dance with the bassist and break a heel, thinking she was the most amazing person ever; while last night I was pulling my sweater tight around me to make sure the germs don’t touch. I was so glad we had seats up in the balcony; I would have had an epileptic fit if any of the dirty pFrank Turner
Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.
Friday, October 30
A Night Out
Last night Erik and I went out see The Pogues play at House of Blues. For an event that completely turned everyone's plans for Thursday upside down it all turned out okay. Instead of going to dinner before the show with the family, Erik and I ate at Freebirds near our house and I’m pretty sure that’s what made the night start off right, we were able to talk a bit about our days and generally not rush ourselves. It’s so nice when we get a few minutes to ourselves, and we take those minutes where we can. I realized while I was at the show what an old lady I’m becoming. I was ill at the thought of all the split beer on the floor and the mashed up aluminum bottles and cans that those dirty kids were throwing everywhere. I was cringing every time someone screamed out in a drunken fit about what song the band should play next and I didn’t laugh at the fact that the lead singer was so unintelligible, so incomprehensible due to his drunken state that he needed the tin flute player to translate for him. Most of his warbling had something to do with Napoleon from what I did understand. And to think four years ago I was trashed and thrashing around the pit at a Dropkick Murphy show, cheering as my sister climbed onstage to dance with the bassist and break a heel, thinking she was the most amazing person ever; while last night I was pulling my sweater tight around me to make sure the germs don’t touch. I was so glad we had seats up in the balcony; I would have had an epileptic fit if any of the dirty p
2 comments:
So happy to hear you ended up having a great evening with your husband AND that you are becoming an amazingly great grown up woman/mommy/wife! I love you.
It IS a great feeling to have an event be even better than you expected. And, yes, it is kind of a downer when we begin to realize we are growing up, maturing or getting older. But it's not a bad thing as long as we can remember to enjoy, have fun, not take ourselves too seriously or become totally grumpy. You are a person we are all happy and priviledged to know, love and be loved by.
Post a Comment