Silly me.
Frank Turner
Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.
Tuesday, October 6
Sugar and Spice
L
ast night Laine tried chicken for the first time; we had Gerber’s chicken and apples. I’m a fan of Gerber, Laine seems to like their food and there usually aren’t mystery ingredients or things I can’t pronounce on the label, however last night I tried some of the chicken and apples, and it was decent; if it was solid, I’d eat it, but I tasted a lot of cinnamon so I turned the jar to read the ingredients to see what other spices were in there, and the ingredients said chicken, apples and water. That’s it, and that’s a lie. I feel betrayed and frustrated; I hate that feeling especially when I get it from the folks that are feeding my child. And I hate to flip out over this but what if Laine was allergic to cinnamon? I haven’t introduced her to spices yet; onion powder I know is in most meat and veggie baby foods and that’s fine, it says it’s there on the label, but cinnamon is not on that label and I fed it to my kid without trying it first because I was in a hurry so if Laine had a reaction from it there would be more
blame on my shoulders than theirs but now I’m terrified that I’ll accidentally give Laine something that she reacts to and I won’t know what it is because it wasn’t on the label which brings along with it the fear of giving it to her again. So needless to say I tossed the jar and gave her some rice cereal to fill her up and prayed with fingers and toes crossed that she didn’t have a reaction to whatever it was that was in there. She didn’t by the way, and that’s great and a huge relief, but now that’s not the point. The point is that I fed my girl something that could have hurt her because I didn’t know it was in her food. It would be different if she was older, but she’s just a baby and allergic reactions are serious business. UPDATE: I'm apparently being worried over nothing.
Silly me.
Silly me.
2 comments:
you are asking if you are allowed to be upset by this, yes. people hold the right to be upset about whatever you wish, now, the rest I will have to keep to myself because well... yeah im just going to have to :)If you want to know what I think you will have to ask me. But Laine is fine, and thank goodness for that. i have thought things tasted like they did or didnt have something in them. Labels are always misleading, especially those "natural ingredient" ingredients. I agree, say what the heck is in something, that way we know that "squirrel ears" isnt that natural ingredient that they were referring to. :)
You should get on the gerber website and complain. If they get enough complaints perhaps they will list all the ingredients. It's our job as "parents" ( i put that in "" for myself) to let the food industry know that we aren't pleased with what they are doing and to put all ingredients on the labels!
Post a Comment