
Every year, for as long as I can remember I've gone out to lunch with
my dad for my birthday. He’s picked me up from school and all my various jobs and we’ve always had this day as our day for lunch but sometimes it doesn’t work out, it has a lot to do with the fact that we both have jobs and we can’t always take the time off. This year he had a meeting that he wasn’t allowed to miss, but he promises to take me out tomorrow and I will see him tonight for dinner.
However I didn’t know that he had the meeting so I didn’t bring a lunch to work today.

I assumed; and what’s that saying about it makes an ass out of me? Ha! Well Jimbo, my boss, took pity on me and took me and some of my co-workers out to lunch, and we got appetizers and desert and I ate myself retarded. I can’t even slouch properly in my seat I am so stuffed. On the way back I was lamenting over the fact that I missed seeing my dad today and while everyone was feeling sorry for me and saying “Aww” a lot guess who was having flowers delivered to my office?
Dad did! He sent me flowers! Wonderfully beautiful flowers in a gorgeous vase with three amazing balloons, I LOVE BALLOONS!! And there were carnations and daisies and sunflowers, most of my favorite kinds of flowers, in all my favorite colors with a note that made me cry. I love my dad. And you know, for a Tuesday this is a pretty dang good day.
Also, Jimbo bought a cake for me. It says Happy F?@!ng Birthday Amanda.
1 comment:
YAY!!! im so happy that you are getting surprises and taken care of on your day! You thought that it was like every other day, and its totally not, not a thing like you had expected :) WOOHOO! and even Josie is wishing you a "happy to me" day. (thats how she says happy birthday lol)
Post a Comment