Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Friday, October 23

Milestone

This is my 100th post. I didn’t even realize that I’d gotten so far until I went to edit the last one, and it was number ninety-nine. 99 is much more intimidating than 100 to me, maybe because 9’s look like clubs and people get beat with clubs but 1’s and 0’s are geeky numbers so they aren’t nearly as menacing. I do feel like I should have something profound to say, but just like yesterday, I’ve got nothing. Today is an average day; the importance of my blogging achievements has not bled over into my everyday reality. I guess that makes sense; that the universe wouldn’t put a national holiday on this day, or a giant rainbow sprouting from my forehead (well that’s there, the rest of you just can’t see it). But that’s the way it goes. I know today is a day different from yesterday and tomorrow but the man at the farmers market will have no idea that when I buy pumpkins from him today that the act of buying those pumpkins will not be the most exciting part of my day, this is the most exciting part. And when I get home and tell Erik that I’ve reached 100 posts he won’t know that it’s a big deal to me, he’ll probably recognize that as an acceptable number considering the amount of talking I do at home.
So in celebration of this day I awarded myself by rereading all of my old blogs. It took a long time to do and I got really bored and skipped through some of them, but what really interested me are the comments I got on them. The people who read my blog are people I care about and the people who comment are people I love. I never thought too much about the fact that my blog is just an online journal, but it is. If you go and grab the journals I have kept over the years you won’t find a different writing style or different topics, except for the fact that Laine is new. I’m not a different girl in my head, this is me, all this stuff I write out is actually my thoughts and feelings, and I never would have thought I’d write that out for people to read, strangers maybe, but the people I love and want to love and respect me? I never would have guessed it. But here we are, how does it feel knowing that you have read 100 of my thoughts?
I’m thinking about buying myself an extra large pumpkin today in observance the magnitude of this day. And I’m going to carve flowers and polka dots into it. And I’m going to get Erik to start a fire tonight and we are going to drink Tang while we carve the pumpkins. I’ll make a big deal out of today. You couldn’t slap the smile off me today.

2 comments:

BColleen said...

I would say that i havent read all of your blogs, but that would be a flat out lie. lol. congrats mama on being much more bloggey (?) than me. :)
I like your picture layouts and randomness and thank you for finding an indirect way to make me want to share more too. :) You rock! (and we are doing punkins too! but with no fire, because we dont have a fireplace, and no tang, well because I dont really care for tang. lol) but there may be chocolate milk, and little girls carving pupmkins :) Love you

izonprize said...

So sorry I missed the big day blog on the big day blog day! But I am catching up with coffee in hand on a beautiful Saturday morning....lazy, I might add and that is a good thing. I am your BIGGEST cheerleader (literally, HA!) and I greatly admire your reality and they way you have allowed all us little people to share in your thoughts and secret parts of your heart. Love you dearly!!! Keep blogging...hope I am around to read your 10,000th blog!!! Mom