Last night before Erik got home I just put Laine on the floor and let her crawl to her hearts content, letting her go wherever she wanted. We played chase a little bit, she thinks it’s funny to crawl away from me and see me gasp and stomp after her. Then she got over to the dining room table and tried to pull herself up by using the table leg, she got up to her knees and got so excited that she threw her arms up in the air and then face planted on the tile. She didn’t cry and she really didn’t fall too hard so after I picked her up and saw that she was fine I put her back down on the carpet and she proceeded to do the exact same thing on the coffee table and then on the couch, after that I picked her up and carried her around. She wanted to get down again but there are only so many fearless baby antics my heart can take in a night.
So it was a good thing Erik got home soon after so he was able to feed and bathe Laine while I warmed up our leftovers from last night. He fed her vegetable beef and rice cereal; she had fun playing in it more than she ate it. I don’t know how Erik seems to make such a mess when he feeds her, but I think he enjoys it as much as she does.
As soon as they finished eating and I cleared out the sink he had her squealing and splashing in the water, I had to grab extra towels from the laundry room to clean up afterwards. Typically her little orange fish is enough for her to play with in the tub, and a washcloth or two to suck on, but we got out a rubber ducky to see if she’d play with something else for a change. She seemed apprehensive about the duck, not trusting the thing that kept getting closer when she wasn’t looking. Finally she picked it up, stared at it for a while seeming to try to figure out what it was, and then stuck the whole head of it in her mouth. Her answer to the questions “What is this” is “Eat it and find out”.
I’m going to say she gets that from Erik.
1 comment:
hahahah nice. YAY for crawlers!
Post a Comment