Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Wednesday, September 23

You Win Some

Yesterday ended up being a rare good Tuesday. Work was crazy and stressful but the night time was wonderful so all of it evened out with a strong lean towards good by the end of it all. Erik stopped by my office around three o’clock yesterday and told me that he’d like to take Laine over to his parents house to watch the Dynamo game on their TV so that I could have the night off. He even picked her up from daycare for me and took care of her so that I could make dinner without being torn into different directions. So first thing when I got home was to give Laine a huge hug, its hard to not be the one to pick her up at the end of the day, even if I do get to see her directly afterward. I fixed Laine’s dinner and she and I took turns making airplane noises to make the squash and rice cereal was a little more interesting. In the process of making all those noises a lot of food got spit out and sometimes I think she does it on purpose because she enjoys bath time so much and I’m pretty sure she’s caught onto the fact that if she gets food in her hair she gets a bath. Her new favorite thing to do in the bath is to fight me and Erik for the faucet. Also if we turn the water off she’s learned how to turn it back on again. She will get that water in her mouth, it’s best for all involved if we just let her have it.
After bath time me and Erik got to eat our dinner, I made chicken and mashed potatoes with super wonderful delicious gravy. I was a little proud of myself; it tasted a lot like Momma’s. After dinner Erik took Laine and they left for his parents, and I stood in the middle of the living room a little lost. But then I got excited, because if I have no baby or husband to chase after that means that I can do a whole load of laundry from beginning to end with no interruption. I did four. Four whole loads, one of two sets of sheets one of towels one of blankets and one blessed load of under panties and Erik’s work clothes. Shirts are ironed and hung and put away, sheets are folded and in the hall closet, towels are in the bathroom (no running through the house naked and wet to try to find a clean towel!) I had time to tidy up the kitchen and living room before Erik left after dinner so while the laundry was being made wonderfully clean I sat with my quilt project on the ironing board and got caught up on my TV shows, with no crying in the background from Erik that he wants to watch something else and no turning the TV up to insane levels to compete with Laine’s babbling. I got to hear what the characters said so know I know what’s going on, that is so great. I can follow a story line!
I didn’t get much of the quilt work done but that’s okay because I still feel like I did a lot that needed to be done and I was able to do a little of what I wanted to do, that’s a good night if I can say so myself.

2 comments:

BColleen said...

i know what you mean, its like getting a mini vacation.

izonprize said...

Remember, the Spanish LaNana lives super close if you ever need her services ;-)