Something about me you may not know is that I’ve never made a New Year Resolution. I think a huge part of it is because I’m always at a party or someone’s house for the New Midnight and someone or multiple someone’s ask me what I’m resolving to do and I’m not sure if it’s a spite thing or what but my knee jerk reaction is to say “Nothing” with a tiny voice in my head adding “and you can’t make me” and “harrumph!” with mental foldy arms. I know I know, mental me is a snot. This year I didn't go out though. Other than dinner out with family and friends I stayed home for most of the night and when the new years rolled in I was fast asleep at least for the first two hours then I was up and down with Laine but that’s another blog altogether.
So since I wasn’t around anyone to ask me what my resolution was I was actually able to give it some serious thought, Erik decided he is going to try and be a bit more neighborly, maybe even throwing a get-to-know-our-neighbors party. I think I might have the flu that day but we’ll see.
So I’m thinking about resolutions and there really isn’t too much I want to change (we all know how well I deal with that) and there isn’t a habit I want to kick or start. I am already on a diet, kind of, and saying “I resolve to lose this many pounds” or “I resolve to quit eating sugar”, would only make me eat more sugar. It’s just how I do. You can imagine my irritation with myself when it turns out that today is the 4th and I have yet to resolve to do anything, I though about making my resolution to think of a resolution because apparently it’s a challenge. But I think I’ve got it. My new year’s resolution is actually a three parter; I know, zero to three. Whoa.
Number One Resolution: Become crafty. (artistically and Evil Scientist-y)
Number Two Resolution: Be more creative in the kitchen. (using foods outside my comfort zone)
Number Three Resolution: Be more imaginative with my wardrobe. (limit my comfy t-shirt days to Friday’s only. Eek!)
So there you have it. We’ll see how I do. I have the whole year for you to forget I ever wrote this all down. HA!
No comments:
Post a Comment