So I’m coming along quite nicely on my resolutions this last week. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I made interesting dinners with things I’ve never used before. Monday I tried a Turkey Veggie loaf. It was really good, there was about a 50/50 ratio of meat to veggies and you couldn’t tell there wasn’t any beef in it. I’m thinking I really just got lucky with the seasoning, Erik like it anyway. Tuesday I made a chicken dinner with couscous, something I’ve never cooked with before, it was way easy and totally a taste I can get used to. Wednesday I cooked a London broil, a good hunk of beef that cooks quickly and tender, it was the best meal of the week by far. Thursday I didn’t cook, we ate leftovers. But Momma gave me three tins of crescent rolls and I have strawberries that are going soft so I made homemade pop tarts. No complaints from the person or my man but I may put some icing on it next time. By next time I mean tonight. I have more strawberries and some blueberries. It’s going to be epic. I’ll tell you all about it later.
This whole week I have only worn jeans to work today, that's four days of no jeans, no t-shirts, no flip flops; and not because of the cold either, I’ve worn a skirt one day, my nice black pants (that are actually pajama’s but don’t tell anyone that) one day, and long shirts with leggings two days.
Today I’m wearing my jeggings (ha) and a sweater with my boots. Yes my jean/leggings are tucked in my boots. I’m what you might call stylish. It’s true, I’m chic and trendy. Tastefully modish.
I’m totally being sarcastic. Do you know how hard it is for me to not immediately grab my jeans in the morning? You know how most people get their comfy pajamas on a cold night and snuggle down with their honey or next to a fire and all they care about is being comfortable, not attractive, well that’s how I get dressed in the morning. So this week has been hard for me. But the end overall wasn’t so bad, I’m forcing myself to put thought into how I look, not that I care but I know that other people do, and when they care I feel better about myself. And blah blah blah.
Now on to what I want to talk about really. I’m getting crafty! Both Evil Scientist-y and artsy just like I wanted! My Evil Scientist comes in with Erik. I haven’t called him in two days but he has called me both times. So. I’m winning. And my artsy is coming in with the dolls I decided yesterday to make. I went and bought material and thread and felt and I printed the pattern and got a lot of it cut out. I’m going back to Hobby Lobby today to get the stuffing and I hope to be finished with at least one today. I have enough stuff to make 10 dolls, now I just need to find 10 girls to give them to. I’ve already started naming them; Adeline, Beatrice, Claudette, Dorothée, Éloise, Florence, Gwyneth, Héloise, Isabeau, Jenette and so on.
(Now I need to find a pattern for boys, since I already have Adam, Benjaminm, Caleb, Daniel, Ephraim, Frankincense and Gideon... right mom?)
2 comments:
I am happy to hear about your artsy antics!!! It is what you were born to do...be creative and love doing it. Yep, you got those boys names right. Was there really a doubt? Way to go on the no jeans thing and not calling Erik thing. You are on a roll here!
HIGH FIVE!
If you have any problems finding homes for your amazing dolls, I know a Nicolette who turns 1 on Jan 19, an Avery that turns 5 on Feb 6, an Alice that will be born sometime in late march, and a Josephine that turns 4 in July. I mean if there are like 4 sister dolls that just are not wanting to be split up or even 4 dolls that just like to hang out and have tea or whatever. :p
Post a Comment