Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Friday, January 7

No Booty, No Sleep

GAH! I didn’t have the sex I was supposed to last night and Laine woke up. I was just so tired that I couldn’t even fake it, which that’s not to say it’s something I ever do, because I don’t; but I think about sometimes, just winging it for Erik, you know? It’s not really fair to tell him he’s getting it, dangling it in his face, you could say, then saying “never mind! Sorry!” It’s just mean. But I got me a good man who understands. I think. When I told him I was tired he asked “didn’t Laine sleep last night” and yeah she did and I did too but I guess it takes me more than just the one night to get back on track. And I didn’t take a shower last night either. And I went to bed without Erik. I did everything back to my normal way last night and Laine went back to hers. So I guess this is going to be my new thing, like NHL players don’t shave their beards during playoffs and MLB players don’t wash their jockstraps in the series, except not as gross as either of those. So back to it tonight, I guess, I hope. Not just for the baby sleeping through the night part of it, but for the mommy going to bed satisfied and clean parts too.
Yesterday when I got home Laine and I were able to just hang out together until Erik got home since I’d cooked dinner the night before. After I fed Laine almost an entire bucket of strawberries and half a banana she wanted a bottle, and I’m trying to wean her, kind of. I’m not being too strict about it, but sometimes I can tell her, “no you don’t need a bottle, you’re a big girl now” and then instead she’ll ask for juice and be perfectly happy with it, but last night she really wanted a bottle so I distracted her with a bath. I took her upstairs and turned the water on and it made the room so comfortably warm that I climbed in with her. I lounged in the tub and turned on the shower so that the water was hitting me right in the chest and it left the whole front of the shower open for her to play and the thought it was the best fun in the world to dump cups of water on me so I let her do it until the water started to run cold. I’ve never given her a bath that long. Nor have I ever taken a shower that long in this house. We were in there for almost 45 minutes. So I had to hurry and wash her hair before it turned freezing and I wasn’t able to wash my hair or anything so I had to do it this morning, in the kitchen sink, because I didn’t want to wake her up running the shower when she was already starting to stir awake. Yeah, I feel fresh.
We had a little company last night (hi person) and we watched TV for a long while. It was nice just having company over. Laine fell asleep on the couch and didn’t wake up until 12:00 and then again at 2:30 but overall she was good last night. She went back to sleep quickly enough. I’m becoming somewhat of an expert on grabbing bottles and diapers and rushing her back into her room. I feel like as long as she can’t see mommy and daddy’s bed, she won’t want to be in it with us anymore. It’s all going to work out in the end so I’ll just have to learn to roll with it better, no more stressing. Who needs sleep really anyway?

1 comment:

izonprize said...

So sorry my sweet girl! I love you with all my heart (AS MUCH AS YOU LOVE LAINE), and I truly wish I could make this better for you both!!! I guess all I can say is I love you and I am praying for you. Mom