I had called Erik on my way home to see if he was going to be wanting any dinner last night and he didn’t know if he was going to be home in time to eat with me and Laine or not so I was going to just do leftovers again but I got home and looked in the fridge and saw the carrots and broccoli and mushrooms hanging out like little stoners on the couch and I had to snatch them up by the hair and tell them to get outside and mow that grass… I mean I got the out and cooked them. I chopped up a ton of vegetables, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, bell pepper and onion before I even looked in my cookbook to see which meal I was going to make. Lucky for me all those veggies go in the turkey veggie meatloaf so that’s what I made. It took me over an hour and a half to get the veggies cut up and cooked because Laine started getting super needy after she finished her dinner of berries and oranges. I usually put her up on the counter while I cook but I wasn’t done chopping yet and I didn’t want her to get curious at the same time I got distracted an lop off a finger so I had to pause what I was doing to get down on the floor with her and draw or make animal noises or something to entertain her and still be close enough to cuddle when she wanted it, every five minutes. This is me totally not minding it too. I love when she just needs me to hug her, it’s such a change from the “pick me up pick me up pick me up I need to see things from up high!!!!!” now it’s very much a “pick me up pick me up pick me up HUG!!!!!!!!” and I really really love it. It’s going to suck so bad to go back to the old ways when she’s feeling 100% again.
Then when I was finally done with the meatloaf and it was in the oven and all my dishes were washed or in the dishwasher and my counters were wiped down and all Laine’s toys were picked up I turned to find her and she was gone! Not underfoot, or right behind me so when I turn around I almost trip on her little feet, so I went looking and she’d pulled herself up onto the couch and snuggled down with her blanket just sucking her thumb and staring at the TV, that wasn’t’ on. She heard me creeping in with the camera and popped up so I missed it but I thought it was adorable, if I had left her to herself she probably would have put herself to sleep there. So I lay down next to her and snuggled for the 45 minutes it took for the meatloaf to bake, and Erik got home 5 minutes before that was done so he did make it home in time. We got the green beans steamed really quick and sat to eat. Laine at a ton of green beans like normal and mostly played with the meatloaf but she did eat some of it. Then she asked for a bottle and before too long after the house was put to bed it was 10:00 and she was still awake. So she and I marched upstairs and she passed out quick AND slept all night! She woke up right at 5:20 which made me really glad I’d taken my shower the night before, its tough to take a shower once she’s awake in the mornings without making her get in with me and Laine isn’t really awake enough for bath time until at least 45 minutes after waking up. Putting her in water at before that is exactly the same as trying to blow dry a cat. Really twisty screamy and you’ll get scratched up for trying.
That’s it. I have a video of Laine last night during one of her quiet times, you’ll see it only lasts a few seconds before it’s back to the whiney voice and there’s a photo of the one time I didn’t get to her fast enough and took too long getting my phone’s camera to boot up. Wish me luck for tonight, I feel like it may be difficult. I don’t’ know why, mother’s wackadoodleness I would guess, but I feel like something is going to be very hard for me tonight. I’ll take anything at all as long as Laine is happy. Of course I say that now…


No comments:
Post a Comment