I am literally having to pull myself up by the hair and taping my hands to the keyboard to get this written. I hope you can appreciate the effort I’m making.
For the last four days all I’ve thought or dreamt about are dolls, it’s getting a little out of hand. I didn’t do laundry or dishes all weekend. Not one load in either machine. Laine only got one bath all weekend and that was on Sunday night and it was only because we were at my mom’s house and it was embarrassing how much she needed it. I know I’m a horrible mother; Laine could have contracted some insane disease from the bacteria and dirt. Whatever. She’s fine. And clean now. Plus she’s a toddler; there is a Clorox like excretion on her skin, like whatever touches her, she kills before it can hurt her. Unless it’s a cold germ, then she’s helpless. But like I said, now she’s clean and I have my ideas finally situated. I’m glad I took the time for myself. It would have been awesome if I’d had someone to help out and take care of the house and baby for me while I was taking this time for myself, I’m thinking that maybe I’ll start dating again, boyfriends are so much more helpful than husbands. It’s worth bringing up to Erik, maybe over dinner tonight. If I cook for him; I may be making a doll.
So far I’ve been working from a pattern that was someone else’s, it’s not copyrighted that I know of but on the off chance that it is and on the off chance I decide to sell one or two I don’t want any problems. And I’m pretty sure I have it all worked out now, at least I have the idea worked out. Now I need to figure out how to take that idea and form a pattern out of it. Once that’s done its cheesy peasy fresh and easy. I have some amazing fabric that I picked up on Saturday and some super cute little buttons and beads too. I’m ready to do this thing; I just need the thing to get done so I can do it. You know?
So Friday. Friday I got off work around 3:00 and headed over to my persons house, where she was napping and I totally made the dogs bark and wake her up and then I felt bad and offered to leave but she was already up so I hung out for a little bit, the girls woke up from their nap soon after and it was a nice visit. I went home to piece together a doll I had been thinking about before going to go and get Laine from daycare around 6:00 and she and I headed into Friendswood to watch Josh play basketball. He’s so much better at it that Jacob was at his age, he gets on his man and stays there and totally took the shot when he had it, three year olds are amazing. Especially the ones related to me, because they all get their amazing gene from me. If you know my family and are questioning this, you can just shut your pie hole. You don’t have to understand it for it to be true. Science schmience.
When we were leaving the game Laine FAAAHH-lipped out. To the max. Apparently my mom pinched her right as I was putting Laine into the car seat, but Laine thought that I did it so she got all hateful towards me and started crying for Nanny. It’s the only explanation there is; if you were there you’d know.
Laine cried for a while in the car then started doing that sniffing thing, like she’s been crying for hours and her body doesn’t know it’s done and so it keeps faking the motions but there are no more tears. Ugh I hate that. It breaks the heart even worse than the crying, she even did it after she fell asleep. Then when I got home I walked in the door with her passed out but then April came barreling around the corner and clipped the back of my knee and I jostled Laine awake. She stayed up for another couple of hours before finally passing out for good. I can’t remember if she woke up or not, if she did I’m sure she went back down easily enough. I stayed up until a little after midnight sewing my doll and got everything but the stuffing done. So when I woke up the next morning I stuffed and stitched it up and took it with me to show mom at Jacob’s basketball game.
Erik had said that he’s got way too much to do around the house to go to a basketball game, so Laine and I tried waking him up when we got up around 6:00 but that was dumb, and it didn’t work. We tried again at 7 and 8 and finally I got testy and at 8:45 I told him if he’s too busy to go to a basket ball game I’d assume he’s too busy to sleep the day away. I snapped at him and stomped around the bedroom, turning on lights and yanking the covers off him because yeah, he decided he didn’t feel like going to my son’s basketball game, I DON’T CARE IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT, YOU GO. Like you go to work and Sunday school. Then I got all involved with being pissed off that I didn’t realize how late I was running to the game myself. I got there a little late but beat Momma and Daddy. When I texted to find out where they were Mom used the “We’re old and move slow” card that I am pretty sure she’s never pulled out before. She was probably doing something with dad that she didn’t want to share because she knew I’d share it on here so she said she was just moving slow. Joke’s on her though, because whether they did or not you are all totally thinking they were “dancing the mattress jig” now aren’t you. Ha. They probably were. Rabbits.
After the game I headed to the house. I was going to just get my doll pattern and head to mom’s house so that together we could work out the idea for the shape of the body but Laine fell asleep in the car so when we got to the house we just stayed there and I let her nap. When we were at the basketball game Josh had asked me to make him a boy doll and since I have no idea where to start on that I made him a little monster instead that turned out really cute. I finished it up right as Laine was waking up from her nap and at the same time Erik walked out of the bedroom freshly showered and ready to go to Nicolette’s birthday party, and tried to tell me all he’d done around the house which was a whole load of nothing. It was all garage stuff that I’d never be able to know for sure if he did it that day or months ago. I’m pretty sure he watched TV the whole time. And even though I took an entire weekend to sew I can still be a horribly bitter person about him taking time to do his own thing, because at least I didn’t lie. I have no proof he lied and I’d probably never say it to his face, but still. Liar.
We headed over to my persons to celebrate Nic’s first birthday, and it was such a great party. Exactly what I want for Laine’s, family only and as soon as everyone is assembled its gifts and cake and thank you for coming now get out. Ah, that would be so nice. Thirty minutes and you’re down to just the people you really want to be there. Or you’re down to the people that think you really want them to be there. Those folks are generally the ones you do want around and if you don’t it’s really your own fault for faking it and making them think that. Yeah, we stayed.
Laine got to hit a piƱata kind of by herself for the first time and when the candy came out she jumped on it like a rabid dog, she stuffed every single lollypop she could find into her bag, I think she may have even stolen some out of the other kids bags. They all got left behind because we don’t do candy at the house ever, but for a short time they were "MINE!” I’m pretty sure it’s about as epic a moment as she’s ever had.
We gave Nicolette the Colette doll. She seemed to like it, whether she really does or not though I guess is fine, it matched her room anyway, so that’s lucky. I’d like to make her an owl soon too, that would match her room even better, I found a owl mobile pattern that was flipping amazing, and I know she’s a little old for a mobile so it could be a ridiculous thing to do but I never really claimed to be in my right mind.
We left the party and headed home around 4:00 I guess, my allergies were nowhere near as bad as they could have been but still I needed to take a few minutes to breath deep once I was home. I took some Sudafed and made a cup of Theraflu and was finally able to stop sniffling. I really hate that I’m so sensitive to other people’s pets; it’s inconvenient and makes me feel like I’m insulting that person or their house and that makes me feel horrible.
Saturday night Erik had to drive out to James’ house to pick up a used faucet that Erik wanted to use for our kitchen sink and while he was gone Laine and I started climbing the walls with boredom so I took her with me out to JoAnn and she was a big help picking out the felt and buttons. She was a not so big help when it came to no chewing on the buttons but I take what I can get with her. Since it was too early for Laine to fall asleep in the car I stopped halfway home when I started seeing her doze. I pulled into the Kroger at 528 and Bay Area and decided we needed toothpaste anyway so we walked around Kroger for an hour. Have you been in that Kroger? It’s huge. We were there for an hour and I didn’t even get to see the Organic section. That part was waaaaay over on the other side and I got side tracked by the Pepper Wall and the four choices of Brussels sprouts. Amazing. Laine was totally into the miniature cart she was able to push around the store, not really functional if you’re doing any real shopping but for one or two things it was a ton of fun. But even the most funnest things in the world get old and boring given enough time and a toddler’s attention span so we finally got on the road close to 7:30 and she passed out again in the car but this time stayed out all night. Until 2:00. That’s her witching hour apparently, when the scary things come out and she has to be awake for an hour before going back to sleep. It’s become a regular thing, something I can’t even complain about anymore because it’s become my life. My regular routine is to wake up at 2 and stay up till 3 then sleep again until 5:30. No complaining because there is no changing it. Unless of course I get that boyfriend.
Sunday morning came at 5:30. Surprise! Laine let us stay in bed until 7:00 but then she started getting rowdy at which point I popped Erik on the head and told him it was his turn to get up early. And to his credit he got up right away, no complaints or arguments. He went downstairs and forgot the baby, but he did come right back up to get her. No, I didn’t get any rest in the extra hour I was in bed, I was terrified he’d forget about her again and I just knew at any second she was going to scream out because he’d stepped on her or something. But she didn’t. Still I didn’t sleep. I did however stay in bed then whole time, it was an exercise in restraint but I made it through, I even took a shower by myself. That’s a really big deal. I went downstairs to find Laine and Erik still in pajamas with fifteen minutes to get out the door. I should have known better but I didn’t fuss, I’m getting used to it I guess. Laine and I were dressed and headed for the door while Erik was still searching the house for a pair of pants. Genius should have looked in the closet but I didn’t say anything.
At church I found it difficult to hold my head up much less keep my eyes open, the only part that grabbed and held my attention both services was Russell’s singing. If he made a CD I’d buy it. I miss the Willingham’s doing worship, but mom said I may see more of them soon, so I’ll just keep my fingers crossed for that.
I worked in the nursery for second service and by 11:30 I was nodding off in the rocking chair with the girl baby so I had to have Erik come in and play with the boy baby. Me and the girl snuggled down and got our rock on for the last half hour and by the end of church I was finally getting my energy back up. It didn’t last long though, once I was in the car I fell asleep. Erik decided to drop me off at home and take Laine out to lunch with my folks. AMAZING IDEA! The best idea he’s probably ever had. I did sleep then, for a whole three hours I slept and I didn’t even move. My leg was still half off the bed when Laine came tearing into my room to wake me up at 3:30. She’d taken her nap on Erik’s shoulder while he was shopping at Lowes. He said he had a basket in one hand and Laine in the other, and he didn’t set her into a cart because he wanted her to sleep and that by the end of the trip his arm was dead. I let him boo-hoo about it because I’d just had a nap, but after complaining about it for fifteen minutes I told him “yes, dear, I know it was probably very difficult, I’m sorry about that but I’m so happy that you let her sleep. It was a very good daddy move” but my tone said “Shut the eff up dear, I love you but I’ll punch you in the no-go hole if you say another word about how hard you had it for the last three hours” He caught the gist of it though I think because he dropped it.
Once I was fully awake and we were all enjoying eachother's company watchign TV Erik said he wanted to do a few things around the house but throughout the day Laine had become attached to him and wasn’t letting him work (GOD! I WONDER WHAT THAT’S LIKE?!) So to pay him back for taking care of me I took Laine over to my mom’s where I was finally able to get her input on the doll, we didn’t get to talk about it too much but we did get to hang out. Daddy was busy with bills and taxes so Mom and I got to hang out just the two of us and watch a movie. At one point Laine left us to find my Dad, she ended up falling asleep on him so it was really REALLY just me and mom for almost an hour. That never happens and it was GREAT.
Around 8:00 I bundled up Laine and took her home, she woke up and went back down about three times Sunday night but each time was shorter than the last so I was still mostly rested on Monday.
Work was fine, I had a couple of things to do and was glad to have it to do, and I am still waiting on that big job to come in. Just waiting… At 5:00 I left and got Laine, she and I got home and made meatloaf and waited for Daddy to get home. He got there starved and impatient for dinner, and even ate seconds when it was done. It’s been a long time since he’s asked for seconds, made me feel like maybe this loaf was a better loaf than the last loaf i made, even though I know it wasn’t. I told Laine “He likes the meatloaf; that means he likes me.” And Erik looked at me like that’s not at all what that means, and I got all hurt and he tried telling me that he likes me with or without the meatloaf and I was all “so you don’t like the meatloaf?”and he said that no, really it wasn’t his favorite but it was okay, and I was all oh, it’s okay well let me just go set it on fire because we can’t have okay food here, it’s got to be perfect then Erik said something about insane and committed and too expensive, I don’t know, whatever. But he did have seconds.
We watched TV for a while before bed adn I saw this commercial for Dexatrim Max and it says you can lose weight three times faster. Three times faster.... THREE TIMES FASTER THAN WHAT?! I'll never in my life get over how incomplete that comercial left me.
Today, I broke my streak. I had gone nine days without calling Erik. I had to call him this morning though because I’d forgotten the last two days to take diapers to the daycare and I needed him to drop it off for me. He picked up on the second ring. TWILIGHT ZONE!! I almost forgot what I was calling him about.
Tonight we are eating leftovers and I’m going to finally figure out my pattern, hopefully. That’s the plan anyway.

No comments:
Post a Comment