Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Thursday, January 6

SLEEEEEEEP....

It worked! Laine slept all night last night, she didn’t even talk in her sleep or anything so I slept all night too!! I need to figure out what I did right last night so I can do it again tonight.
Last night on my way home from work I decided to take the long way home. It was a nice relaxing drive down mostly one lane roads so I didn’t have to worry about looking absurd to the folks in the lane next to me when I was singing at the top of my lungs to music turned up way too loud. I got to the daycare a little alter than normal, almost right at 6:30 and Laine was the last of two kids to get out and she was sooo ready to leave too. So after talking with Miss Danielle for a while we headed out to Kroger to get some stuff for dinner and I ended up staying there so long that it was almost 7:30 before I even started on dinner. Erik didn’t get home until 8:15 anyway so it actually turned out alright. By 9:00 Laine was ready for bed, PJ’s on and bottle in hand she and I marched up the stairs, ready to do this thing! It’s night-night time! I didn’t even have to fight her at all, just rock her for maybe five minutes and she passed right out. It was wonderful. I had baby in bed family fun time for mommy and daddy and a shower all before 10:00. YEAH I DID!! I even stayed downstairs with Erik until he was ready for bed before going upstairs. I may have to keep up this routine. Of course all the changes I made were with me not Laine. I used to be terrified that the bed squeaking in our room would wake up my little Midnight Monster same thing with the shower so I have been refusing to do both for almost a week and I was missing my husband and I was over going to bed with the feel of the day still on me so I said screw it, since my way isn’t working I’m going to reverse my way and I did. So I told Erik to get ready, he’s getting family fun time every night until she starts waking up again. Hopefully it lasts more than just the one night. I like the sound of that. I desperately need more time with my husband. I need more family time with him. If you get my drift. I mean sex time. Sex. With my husband. I need more.

1 comment:

izonprize said...

Just caught up on all your posts. I am so glad you got sleeeeeep last night and other fun things as well....I hope you are rewarded again tonight! Love you!