So I read a book not too long ago, finished it just before Christmas. As soon as I finished reading it I went to my moms and gave it to her to read. I’ve only done that twice. Once with a book called The Rapture of Canaan, to this day my very favorite book in the world. Another time I took mom a book was after I’d finished reading The Notebook, I think I was still crying when I handed it to her. Man that book could jerk out some tears. So anyway, I read The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton, and I’m not sure if it was so amazingly wonderful because it had been so long since I’d read anything with substance that by comparison to the romance novels this was just EPIC or if it really was a great book. I’m thinking that it’s just great. It covers five generations of women in a family that is stretched over time through Wales, England and Australia during the time between 1810 and 2005. It’s a seriously intense read, not that it’s deep reading or anything but the mystery of who is Nell’s mother and why does Eliza act so bizarre and was it murder or suicide or magic? It was so much fun to finally sit down to a book that could stump me, I couldn’t’ guess the ending. And I did try, and I was very wrong. I went out any bough another book by the same author the next day and I’m still looking for her first book called The House at Riverton, if you see it tell me, I want it.
So this Christmas I was given a trilogy of books, a set that I had wanted very much bad for myself and every time I saw them I would pick them up and carry them around the book store but I always ended up putting them back because, especially recently, it was too close to Christmas to buy anything for myself and I’d just wait and make sure to tell Erik to tell someone else that I want those books. Well, I forgot and I was never able to tell anyone the books I wanted. Still, I totally go them, from James and Cassie, I really should have guessed they wouldn’t need help getting me a book to read, they’ve more or less (more) aced my Christmas gifts for the last three years. Top Gun, Burn Notice now The Hunger Games. 3-0. makes me look bad.
So I’m starting the first book today. I have it sitting in front of me right now, waiting to be read. I took the dust jacket off so it wouldn’t get torn from being in my purse, but that right there is The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
Maybe this is what is going to be difficult for me, getting time to read this book tonight. Oh I hope not.
1 comment:
The book you wanted, or asked about... its on its way to your house. :) Just because... I heart you.
Post a Comment