I’ve formed a new habit. I don’t go home at night until it is absolutely necessary. I go to my mom’s or one of their friends or to my in-laws; I just don’t want to be home anymore when Erik is working late. I hate that I have to miss him like I do. It’s ridiculous for me to be lonely and feel like I’m living separate from my husband when we still sleep in the same bed at night.
I am lucky to see him before 10:00pm on a weekday, but I am usually in bed asleep before then and I get up and leave for work hours before he does. It’s so sad that he can go two, three and even four days without seeing his daughter. Every time I’m home now all I can think of is that he isn’t there with me. I can’t complain about it either because I know he doesn’t want to be working late either and it has to be hard on him being away from us.
Even when he is home, he’s away from us,
Saturday he had to work for the entire morning, we just barely got him for the afternoon. He’s been telling me a lot lately that he appreciates me taking care of Laine while he’s gone, that he appreciates how I keep his laundry done and I make sure he’s got food waiting on him at the end of the day, and you know, I’m not sure I told him that I appreciate him working so hard for us.
I’ll have to stay up and tell him tonight.
Yesterday he took me to see Avatar in IMAX 3D, it was pretty neat. I didn’t need the 3D part, there is too much going on in the movie as is to really need things popping gout at you. But we had a lot of fun, just the two of us. We haven’t had time together that hasn’t been interrupted by work calling Erik or April barking and clawing at the door or Laine crying for attention in a long time.
We rent movies now and again but it isn’t the same as getting out of the house
together.

We went to see Colleen and the new baby this weekend too but not for as long as we’d liked, it was such a long day on Friday that both of us just wanted to snuggle and take a deep breath together, but there are some things that are more important than sleep and that’s a new baby,
we are both wanting to go back and get some more baby love really soon.
We also really enjoy watching Laine interact with Josie. They get along pretty well for two dominant personalities, it’s nice to see that telepathic DNA coding that Colleen and I did on them in utero is working out. All McFee’s will be best friends with all Rosendahl's from now until forever, amen.

I got to hang out with my other baby a couple of time last week, and for the last two Sundays as well,
I’m slowly but surely getting more and more great photos of Jacob and Josh. Are all boys this hard to photograph? It’s ridiculous!

Well, that’s it for now, except to say that I’ve reached my ten pound mark in weight loss, I still have forty more pounds to go, but with the first bit done it makes me feel like the rest isn’t too large of a challenge.
No comments:
Post a Comment