Frank Turner
Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.
Tuesday, January 26
She Talks to Angels
Well Erik didn’t get home before ten again last night. I tried staying up but fell asleep with the TV still on. He was quiet and didn’t wake me so I didn’t even get to snuggle with him. My alarm either didn’t go off this morning or I just didn’t hear it so I woke up almost two hours later than usual to his alarm blaring. So I rushed to get the dog fed and laundry swapped to the dryer and the dry stuff folded and I put away the dishes refilled the dishwasher, got a steaming pair of jeans from the dryer, burning my stomach with the back of the button then ran upstairs to find a bra and to grab Laine and get her dressed and ready to go. I felt a bit frazzled. Everything I wanted to do this morning required me to get some thing or do something else first that was across the house. So back and forth and up and down for a solid thirty minutes and I feel like I’ve already gotten my workout in for the day. I set Laine down in the kitchen and ran to dunk my head under the sink for a quick rinse with dish soap since I had no time for a full shower but my hair was shiny and dirty looking so I had to at least wash that. I tied my scarf around my head to soak up the water while I wiped down the counter and swept the floor.
I picked Laine up and brought her into the living room to play while I got her bag ready to go, so I set her down with some toys and her blanket, I ran to the kitchen for a second to grab her diaper bag, and when I popped back into the living room she was in the same place I’d set her, just standing in the middle of the living room, staring in the direction of the bar, a little weird considering that since she started walking we can’t stop her from getting into everything as soon as she’s out of our arms. So I ran upstairs and grabbed my shoes and ran back, maybe 20 seconds out of my sight, but usually enough time for her to have gotten into a cabinet or under the table or something, but she was still standing and staring, smiling a little. So I just stood there for a while and watched her. I stared at her just staring into empty space and smile at it. After a few seconds she popped her thumb in her mouth and cocked her head to the side like she was listening and started swaying a little. A few more seconds and she closed her eyes. I wanted to cry watching her stand the re and listed to what had to be a beautiful sound that only she could hear. I’m so jealous of her and the conversations she has with angels.
1 comment:
Oh how incredibly sweet. God knows how to slow us down sometimes and smell the little flowers! May your garden keep on growing. How sweet.
Post a Comment