Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Tuesday, January 12

New Challenge

I haven’t told you guys yet (except for the two of you on Spark) but I’ve started a “diet”. It’s nothing specific I’m doing but it’s a diet anyway. I keep track of every calorie and fat gram and my protein and calcium and iron. Oh and my sodium, but I may delete that option because seriously, you’d think I was the Dead Sea with the amount of salt in me. So I’ve been doing it for a week now and I’ve been keeping up with my cardio and strength training doing the wii at my mom’s house and doing basic calisthenics at home. I haven’t started walking like I’d like to yet but that’s only because I can’t get out in this cold without dying and slow and horrible freezing death. But I have been doing extra toe lift things while I’m standing at the stove cooking dinner and I do some lunges when I’m putting away laundry (it helps to set the laundry basket just out of reach) and sometimes in the shower, don’t tell Erik, but sometimes I do pushups against the wall of the shower, it’s weird to do it anywhere else to me.
So today is the start of a new week and as a personal milestone I will set a new goal for myself. Here’s what I’m thinking of doing. Since I have been having too many "cheats" lately (I KNOW! I just started!) I have found myself eating a few bites less of my veggies just so I can save to extra 63 calories for my cookie at the end of the day. And I am NOT giving up my cookie. So what I need to do is learn to incorporate my cheat into my plan, no longer have cheats, just a meal plan. So I won't be looking forward to the sugar and cutting out things I need. I don't know how I’m going to do this but that's why it’s a challenge :) Today my breakfast is celery and ranch with my coffee. The first time I tried celery for breakfast I wanted to run screaming for the nearest Whataburger and buy the greasiest taquito I could but it has ended up being my miracle food. I snack slowly on it since celery is in my bottom 3 of vegetables. But as I snack slowly it keeps my hands busy and my mouth full and I don’t start craving the slice of Pumpkin bread Alisa has on the kitchen counter or the tamales some dude’s wife made for us. I can wait until lunch for that. So today I’ve got my celery handy and my fat free ranch dip on the side and my big bottle of water that I keep forgetting to drink from and my ever present cup of coffee. Today starts my new week. Here’s to finding a way to fit cheats in so that they aren’t cheats anymore. BTW, I’ve lost 8 pounds already.

1 comment:

BColleen said...

Holy cow! I am so proud of you! Sorry I am uber late in reading and responding to this, but HIGH FIVE CHEST BUMP ETC! You go lady!