It finally happened. I missed a 365 day.
I had to take a photo with my phone while she was sleeping. It still technically counts but its poor quality and I just don’t like it. (so today’s photos are going to be mostly reruns) I was in such a hurry to do everything last night that I didn’t even realize that I was missing the battery for my camera until almost 8:00 and by then she was already asleep. I don’t know where my time goes.So my car broke down on Wednesday. It started on Tuesday because Tuesday is when things always start to go bad, and Wednesday on my drive home the check engine light finally came on, less than two miles from Laine’s daycare and my neighborhood.
So yesterday Erik had to drive me around. He and I both took Laine to daycare and he got to see how I drop her off, he looked at me funny and he told me that usually he just leaves her in the car seat and puts her right inside the door, hands the lady the bag and waves goodbye. I was shocked! I take her out of the car seat; I give her millions of kisses and squeeze her until she starts reaching for the teacher just to get away from me so she can breathe. Then I tell them how long she’s been awake, if she’s eaten and when her last diaper change was.
So he had to drive me to and from work as well. I thought it would be so great to ride together but it’s been so long since I’ve seen Erik on a weekday morning that I’d forgotten what a rotten morning person he is. So we rode is silence the whole way to my office. I told him I needed to be picked up no later than 5:15 at the absolute latest. And he came rolling in at 5:20, then
I had to make a quick run to the grocery store after getting my car, all we had in the house were things Erik didn’t want for dinner so I went and got some spinach and broccoli and mushrooms and made some chicken and we ate a super yummy meal. I told Erik that it’s better to keep Laine up until at least 8:30 before putting her down but he got her settled on the couch with him with a bottle and her blanket at 7:00, that’s like giving her Nyquil, she was out within minutes. I think we just got very, very lucky that she didn’t wake up at 4:00.
After she went to sleep I rushed myself over to my parents house to do my Wii Active workout and then did a little extra because the workout felt too short and I didn’t’ feel like I accomplished anything, there is the option to make your own workout so I did that and added about 7 minutes to my normal workout, it was just enough. When I got home Erik was already in bed watching TV so I was able to snuggle with him for about an hour before we turned out the light and hit the sack.
2 comments:
Oh baby girl! I am so sorry you had such a tough week! Get ready, the weekend is going to be awesome! I love you XXXXOOOOOOXXXXX Mom
ha! did you see my blog about why do i only want to fix my hair on rainy days? so funny! Sorry that you had a rough day. I think husband's do the opposite of what we say, just for kicks.
Post a Comment