Today I am blogging out of obligation. The last thing I want to do today is sit and type up a bunch of information that all of you already know, but for the sake of one day looking back and remembering I’m sitting here, typing it all out.
This Christmas/New Year Holiday was such a wonderful experience for my whole family. Grandma came and stayed for almost a whole week though not quite long enough. I got some great photos of her with Laine that I’ve been trying to get for almost a year now, however they are on my old camera at home, so I'll have to post those some other time.
I got the week between Christmas and the New Year off work so that I could stay home with Laine, and wouldn’t you now it that when I was just about to get the best Christmas gift ever and get some serious one on one time with my kid, I got sick. Like really sick, I was completely useless for a solid two days, thank

God my mom was able to watch Laine for me; otherwise she’d have been in the medicine cabinet or something awful while I lay close to death on the couch. But instead I was able to sleep for 13 hours strait and take some amazing antibiotics and by Wednesday I was feeling 100 times better, and by Friday I was completely wonderfully healthy again. However since I hadn’t known for sure what our plans were going to be or how I was going to be feeling Erik and I made no promises as to where we’d be for New Year and so on the 1st Erik and I had to do a quick step-hop-skip-jump kind of move to get to everyone for the New Year. We spent the earlier part of the day at my mom’s house preparing for the get together she was planning for her house. Around 6:00 we blazed out of there to go home and change and get back on the road so that we could drop Laine off at

Tricia’s and be down at James and Cassie’s by 8:00. We just barely made it in time and were supposed to be out of there by 9:00 but I got caught up in my scrapbook page so I made us late getting back on the road. WE got to my parents house close to 10:00 and stayed for an hour playing Wii with Mr. and Mrs. Schmale and mom and dad. It was so much fun; I can’t even tell you how much fun. I have NO PICTURES, that’s how much fun I was having. HA! Then as we were getting close to 11:00 we headed strait back to Tricia’s to spend our midnight with them. Laine was asleep for a little while but woke up right before we left. Midnight was fun, I got to kiss this really great guy and then he and I both got to kiss this really great girl. Holiday’s spent with family are quickly becoming my favorite.


Oh, also on the 1st, as we were helping mom bake stuff, Laine took her first steps! Just one or two and I totally missed it but I got to see her second try and I also got to catch her try again the next day. Her fourth tooth also came during the holiday. So many changes in so little time. I can’t wait to see what happens next.
1 comment:
I am so thankful you are taking the time to journal these AMAZING FLEETING MOMENTS that only memories can contain and words on a page can recall...I love the way you get the most important details andwrite themin the most amazing way. Thank you. Please don't stop. One day, Laine will thank you too. XOX mommy
Post a Comment