Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Tuesday, January 19

Weekend Update

I’m getting worse and worse about updating this blog; it seemed that for a while I was on a roll with my weekend updates and wordless Wednesday’s but now I’m just struggling to remember to add photo’s to the 365 post. A lot of my absentee-ism is due to the work load I have at the office now. I have more than my share of programming to do on top of printing drawings and ordering bolts. It’s not an all-of-a-sudden thing, I’ve known it was coming; I’m just not very good at making free time anymore. Once I’m home it’s feeding and bathing time then it’s off to bed, for baby and me and now my lunches are becoming an incredibly involved thing since I’m eating healthier and salads take a while to prepare. I just haven’t had the time to write anything out. I’m starting this thing on Monday and I won’t be surprised if it doesn’t get uploaded until Wednesday. Anyhow most of my weekend can be summed up by the pictures I took. We stayed in on Friday, hanging out at mom’s, playing the wii and just taking it easy.


After we left mom heard from the nursing home that my grandfather had fallen trying to maneuver from his wheelchair to his recliner and broke his hip so she had to stay behind while dad drove Erik me and Laine with Levi and Sydney out to Beaumont for my Cousin Nikki’s graduation lunch on Saturday. We missed having her with us but our thoughts were with her and Poppy. He’s going in for Surgery tomorrow, it’s scary and risky and we are all worried and nervous about it but I believe all will be well. Everything will be fine.

Sunday we had a lazy day at home with a tiny bit of visiting mom and dad in the evening. We watched the premier episode of 24 together while trying desperately to get an overly tired Laine to sleep. If only Jack Bauer could sing a lullaby or two during an episode, Sheesh, I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

After work on Monday, Laine and I did a lot of running around, to the store and home for eating and bath time then Colleen’s house for out last pregnant hug and visit then to mom’s house to pick up a scale she was giving me then home to play for a bit and wait for dad to come home then bedtime finally around 10:30.

It was an easy weekend, I’m glad I got to see my grandma, I miss her more and more every time I see her. I’m grateful that my grandfather’s fall wasn’t’ worse than it was, considering he hit his head as well there are so many ways he could have hurt himself worse. I’m proud of myself for losing a total or 9 pounds in two weeks. I’m a happy girl.

I just found out that my best friend, my person, had her baby today. I’m a Godmother again! I’m so proud of my girl, she’s made yet another perfect baby, and I can’t wait to hold that baby! Happy Birthday Nicolette!!!