We went to church without mom and dad yesterday, I got to say, that’s weird. Church just isn’t the same without them. I didn’t even doodle on my styrofoam cup… much.

Torben made a DVD of Laine’s birth for Erik and me to watch this weekend. We took home a copy and need to make one for my parents. You know, for the life of me I can’t remember anyone recording anything that day. And I look and talk strait at the camera a few times. But in my memory I was just talking to my mom. The video is all of ten minutes long, from beginning to end, not long enough to get boring, Erik said. I’ll have to remember that the next time I’m letting someone capture my most uncomfortable moment on film. Keep it short and sweet Amanda, wouldn’t want anyone to get bored. Guess it’s a good thing that my uterus is actually a slip n’ slide.
Now for the rant.
So Laine was sick this weekend, she had a cold or something, basically the sniffles with a mild cough. After a back and forth with the doctor I found out that we had a refill on the decongestant she was prescribed two months ago, but when I called the pharmacy at CVS I was told that Laine wasn’t in their computers at all except for the diaper rash cream we’d gotten for her the other week. The pharmacist kept asking me if I was sure if I filled it at their CVS store and I told her yes, that the store number was logged on our bank statement. I know exactly what day and time that the prescription was filled I just didn’t have the original box the medication came it so I had no prescription number to give her, I asked her to search the CVS database, which I know she can do, and find my daughters medication refill. And she couldn’t, I’m guessing it’s because she is

mildly retarded. So I had to call the doctor and have them call in the prescription again, that is fine, I can deal with all of that. It’s the fact that it took her over two hours to fill the prescription once it was called in. I know that a pharmacy will take orders in the order they come in, but if I’ve been on the phone with the pharmacist for almost thirty minutes if you count the three times I had to call them, and if you consider the fact that the last time I called I didn’t even have to say my name and she knew who it was, I’m thinking that she might rush it for me, you know, just a little. Well, no she didn’t. I called twice after the order was made and the first time the lady told me that she had a voice mail about Laine but she hasn’t checked to see if they had the medicine in stock yet. I told her I would appreciate it if she would check and I’ll be there in thirty minutes. I called again before we left the house and she still hadn’t checked. I told her I’d be there in five minutes and I’d appreciate if she had it checked, bagged and ready for pickup in less than five minutes. Of course she didn’t, I waited in line for over twenty minutes and then when it was my turn it took them an extra ten minutes, because she still hadn’t checked to see if it was in the store. You know what that tells me? That if she had checked to see if the prescription was in the pharmacy I could have picked up my daughters medication after only ten minutes rather than the THREE HOURS it took. Oh Em Gee I could have screamed. That’s three hours that my kid didn’t have to be miserable but she was because some jerk with an outstanding ability to piss me off decided to do just that, for no good reason; the people that I had to wait in line behind we not picking up prescriptions, they were just checking out because they figured the line was shorter in the back of the store, and it was, but she could have very easily said, “Sorry I need to do MY JOB” and let those people check out at the front like everyone else. If you know me at all you can picture my ears flaming, my nostrils flaring. I’m telling you that my eye is still twitching.
When I left CVS I wanted to vow to never use that store again, but who would I be kidding? Its two blocks from my house and they have the option to print your photos in seconds not hours. (4x6 prints for $0.29) and I am incapable of not going back into places where people have pissed me off just for the off chance that they will be there again and I c
an glare at them to make myself feel like I’m getting them back for whatever insult I imagined they gave me.
It really does make me feel better too, better than actually yelling at th

em, that would just make me feel guilty later when I had time to think about it. And isn’t it funny how you always have the time to sit and ponder over your actions when you’ve done someone wrong? Most days I don’t get two seconds to myself to think about cleaning my ears, much less how I treated people. Oh, but that one day that I snap at a stranger and I have hours to go over and over in my head how I could have handled the situation better. Seriously? That’s just not fair.
I know, I'm retarded.
It's whatever.
2 comments:
OK above all I love the pics on this post. I love the one from the delivery room (I wish I was there... maybe to give me the guts to feel better about going through it again..) but I was in the waiting room, and thats good enough. :) I love the pic of Laine getting de boog'd, and of course the Amanda funny face pic. :)
I heart you! Thanks for being my person, and DAMN those slow poke pharmacists at CVS. Maybe this week I will go in just to stink eye them. Or prank call them, ok I am not going to prank them... but the thought means somthing... right?:)
I agree it's definitly time to take out kneecaps. I haven't even posted my blog for today yet. I almost killed someone today who almost killed me. I will post more on that later. I hope Elaine feels better soon, I hate seeing little kids sick!
Post a Comment