Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Saturday, August 8

Success!

Last night was the first night that Laine stayed in her own room. in her own bed. Away from me. She did better than I did during the night. She slept from 9:30 until 7:30, while I was up every couple of hours checking to make sure that the monitor was really working and that she was okay. But she was fine, sleeping a peaceful sleep that was so deep that even my opening and closing her door couldn't wake her up. She didn't even make the cute moaning noises that she normally does. She woke up in a great mood and started talking and laughing right away, so that's what I got to wake up to. Now we are dressed and ready to get the day going. I've got her in bed with Erik right now, she's blowing raspberry's and laughing at the squirrels outside out window. I don't know what kind of karma I have out there that would come back to me with such a happy baby but I am grateful for it.
Time for banana's and rice and then I think we might take a trip to grandma's house. Maybe a little swimming later. Today's going to be a great day. I can feel it.

2 comments:

izonprize said...

Yipee!!!! What a great first night in her own bedroom...for all of you. There is so much joy in seeing our children mature and become self-sufficient, but there is a bit of sadness in it too. I guess that is why God lets us ease into slowly...first a baby bottle to a cup; then their own bedroom; then college; then marriage; then we get to live it all over again with their children. Life is grand!

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful baby! And a joy! I am so glad you are enjoying her. I used to listen to Elijah breathe at night through the monitor. I still worry about him while he's sleeping and he's 12. They never stop being precious, just like you are to your mom.