One week ago I committed myself to seven days of no coffee, no coke, no tea; only water.
This is no ordinary tale. This is a story of psychological upheaval, of strength from conviction and of my personal development of character.
And here, in this sacred place, is the recounting; the telling of the hours.
Monday, August 17, 2009
7:15a – I will not stop at Whataburger for iced-tea. I will not stop at Whataburger for iced-tea. I will not stop…
4:31p – Water gives me heartburn.
8:55p – I pored two glasses of milk for Erik and I at dinner and I had to pour mine back into the jug… As I cried.
10:20p – I have officially drank too much water. I slosh when I lay down in bed. Don’t even ask me what it was like to sit in the rocking chair.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
6:40a – Breakfast without coffee is just wrong.
8:27a – I can smell the coffee in the hallway… taunting me.
2:30p – Laine was given three shots today. I need three shots today.
8:30p – Meh, water takes the thirsty away.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
8:47a – I have a headache that I’m blaming on my caffeine withdrawal.
9:15p – I have a headache that I’m blaming on the damn water.
10:30 – A Dynamo game with a pretzel is nice but not the same without a cold beer.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
2:30p – I didn’t even notice the fact that I could only drink water today, I just chose to drink it… it was what I wanted…creepy.
6:14p – This has turned out to be exactly like quitting cigarettes; once you are past the third day it gets easier.
Friday, August 21, 2009
8:48a – I smelled the coffee in my office today, and I didn’t have to have it. I am A) proud of myself and B) weirding myself right out.
12:58 – Back from the movies with The Person. I smuggled in water. I feel like such a criminal.
Saturday, August 22, 2009
10:00a – T here is no ice in our house. I hate luke-warm water.
11:30p – If only you knew the day I had, you’d understand why I stood over an open bottle of wine for 15 minutes. I did not drink it but I smelled all the flavor right out.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
10:45a – This is the first Sunday I haven’t had coffee during the church service, turns out that I don’t need it, it’s just a habit I’ve made.
8:45p – At the Dynamo game and this time I don’t miss the beer with my pretzel.
11:30p – After the Dynamo game, on my way home, it has technically been seven whole days since the start of this and I still don’t stop at Whataburger for an iced-tea!
2 comments:
Good for you! Way to make a plan and stick to it. Turns out we really do train our tastebuds, and if you get use to eating or drinking a certain way, then thats what is then "Good", or at least it kindof works this way. :)
Yippeeeeee!!!!!! Was that something you get to check off the list of to-do's? You inspire me. You really, really do.
Post a Comment