Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Wednesday, August 19

Five-Oh-Wee-Oh-Wee-Oh

Before I start, let me inform you all that this is my 50th post. Who, seriously, would have thought I would have that much interesting stuff to say? I said interesting, not just stuff. HA!
Yesterday was Laine’s six month checkup. Erik insists on going with me every time which I find to be not only helpful but a serious turn on. I love a man that loves any reason to be around his women. Everything went exceedingly well and we were told that she is developing exactly as she should. She weighed in at eighteen pounds and is twenty-six inches long (tall?). That’s a pretty good size ball of amazing. We were given permission to start on stage two foods and meat. I think we are going to hold off on the meat for a while though, I don’t know why, it’s just something I’ve decided. Don’t ask me about it. We were also given permission to give her water (ha) and juice, as well as Gerber finger foods. We started on the biter biscuits yesterday right after we got home. I decided to make cupcakes, because why not, and while I was coloring the batter and spooning it in happy face shapes, I gave Laine a biter biscuit to gnaw on. Her first bite at it wad very dainty, ladylike almost but then she went at it. Like a dog on a bone, she loved it; she liked the mess it made and the sticky it put on her fingers and most of all she liked the fact that every time she grabbed hold and bit down mommy danced around the kitchen like a monkey. It kept her occupied. And it kept me entertained. After that she needed a bath, or more like a hard core scrub down. I had to wash her hair twice, but it was fun. Then I gave her a bottle and put her into the exerscaucer for some play time while I got Erik’s dinner ready; vegetable beef soup and cornbread. Mmm mmm Aunt Bee, it was yummy.
For the rest of the night Laine was incredibly grumpy, but I couldn’t really blame her because she got poked with needles and there are bits of bone trying to crawl out of her mouth, so Erik and I tried our best to sooth her and keep her entertained and eventually she wore herself out with Erik doing his most remarkable dad moves ever and she went down close to 9:00. This morning I woke her up at six and gave her a few ounces of formula and she went back down and was still asleep at 7:30, I guess she really did wear herself out. I’m hoping today is a good day for her. When we get home tonight we are going to wait until Erik comes home before I give her the biscuit again. Erik really wants to see her with it, and I’m pretty psyched to see it again.
Also, this is how Laine eats. She focuses on a random object, in the case of last night it was April staring at her through the window, and she opens her mouth when she's ready for food. Is she spoiled or what?!


2 comments:

BColleen said...

Aww YAY! So many big things happening with her. Isnt it crazy when you go to the Dr. and its like the Dr. opens this little tiny door that is filled with a zillion more things for her to do and try! Congrats Lainey bug! You are getting to be a big girl, more and more every day!

izonprize said...

I so look forward to your posts. 50?! Wow. Congratulations. So glad Lainey didn't get sick from the visit. This was a way for me to experience your experience. Love it!!!
And hey, Colleen, if you read this, I can't open your blog anymore for some reason. Boo hoo.