Today was a fairly good day. No bad to begin with and not bad to end with. Work was basic. I progammed and I updated the Shop Job Log, updated my wishlist on wishpot and blogged a bit.
At lunch time some suppliers of ours came by to take out the boss man , our detailers and the pretty lady in the shop, while me and some other really cool, often overlooked, super special people were left to fend for ourselves. So we went out. The service sucked so hard at the restaurant/pool hall we went to eat at but the food was very good, enough to mostly make up for the tard serving us. I mean fifty minutes for your food would generaly make you want to walk out but... she brought out these amazing nachos after about a half an hour that was actually Alisa's meal but we all ate it; so we stayed. I took a picture for future blackmail purposes. Drinking on company time... oh wait, that's just a normal Friday, never mind.
I got off work early and was home by 3:30. I stopped by HEB and bought some groceries and got home to put them all away before I went to go and get Laine from daycare. I was quite impressed with myself and the amount of care I was able to put in to my dinner. It was a good dinner by the way. I didn't outdo myself but I sure did meet my exact expectaions. And you have a family to cook for yourself so you'll understand that acheiving exactly what you set out to do is worth a happy dance or two.
After dinner Erik spent a couple of hours fixing an old friends computer while I gave Laine a bath. And for the first time ever we had poop in the bath. She was so cute in that she knew that she did something that made Mommy's face look funny but she laughed and that made me laugh and then we started the bath all over again.
Afterwards Erik was still fixing the computer so I reopened the bottle of wine I had started at dinner and I finsished it sitting on the stairs, waiting for Erik to walk up them to meet me for bed. Eventually I ran out of wine and he didn't come so I decided to talk to you instead.So overall it was a good day. I'm still waiting for Erik to come upstairs, but I might have to wait for him in bed... asleep.
I love you . Goodnight.
2 comments:
I am so thankful you girls have each other. Friendships have to be cultivated like a rare plant; watered a lot and sometimes the soil gets turned over a little. If you find any bugs you have to get them out quickly. Check the undersides of the leaves too, from time to time, as they sometimes catch mold from too much watering. Never neglect your plant for too long, because it might appear to be dead. I said "appear" because with just a little extra attention, pampering and extra watering, you will see it bloom back to health. You can sing to it too and I hear that helps. It might sooth it or at the worst make it laugh. Yeah, friendship is like a rare plant. Take good care of it. It is worth the process. Love you both.
woo hoo, a blog all just for me! :) I wish every day was like this Friday was (minus a couple points that weren't so stellar) but for the most part, there was happy dancing, wine, home cooked dinner and your family was all home. :) I love you I love you I love you. :) Thanks for taking time to write me a super awesome note, and where as I was a little worried that I had abandoned you, the only things I didn't already know about your day was how lunch went, or how late the old friend was there, its cool though, because when you have kids sometimes you guys have to trade off the parenting times etc so that the other one can have friend time. Erik was trying to be a good friend, and thats a reason why you love him, its why you love me, and why we love you. I thought you were caking tonight, but nope caking is done now. So I guess I should head over huh? xo
Post a Comment