So, I
have a lot to catch you up on. We had a long weekend, well the weekend was the same length that it always is but I got a half a day off of work (the last half) on Wednesday and I had Thursday and Friday off too, then Saturday and Sunday of course, so that’s four and a half days of at-home-away-from-work time so, long weekend.
Wednesday I told you that I was going to go get Laine from daycare early so that the ladies there could go home early, as it turns out there was one other baby there so my good intentions were for nothing, but I got a hug from Miss Joann anyway. On my way home I was going to stop by Kroger to get the stuff I needed to make the hot rice for Thanksgiving at Erik’s uncles house but mom called and said she was at the mall, so der, I went to the mall. We ate at the food court and walked around for a while, I bought Kate and Jennifer’s Christmas presents and I got Laine a pair of shoes to wear for Christmas. After I left mom I went to Target to do a little more shopping since I was in the area and got my groceries while I was there. By the time we were done shopping Laine was getting really tired so
I took the long way home, finally getting there around 6:00. Erik was waiting for us and decided to start a fire in the fireplace for us, so Laine was able to see fire for the first time ever. She didn’t seem too interested in it, but she did look at it every now and then, like it’s something that isn’t supposed to be there. We tried to keep her awake a little later than normal so that she would sleep in the next day but that didn’t work.
Thursday morning we were up at 7:00, rolling around in bed for about two hours until she went back to sleep until close to 10:00. We got up and ate breakfast in the meantime and watched a little TV while having snuggle time on the couch before the baby woke up again. Erik played with Laine around the living room while I ironed the clothes we were wearing out that day and made the rice for dinner. We made it to Uncle
Bill’s close to 2:30 and got to visit with a bunch of family that I haven’t seen since I was pregnant. It’s always great to see peoples reaction to how big Laine has gotten, it’s also amazing to see how bad they feel when they realize how long it’s been since they visited. HA! (I know that’s mean.) After Bill’s we headed over to Mom and Dad’s house because Grandma was in town, so we were able to let Laine see her for a few hours before calling it a night.
Friday we woke up early again and went to go visit Grandma again at Mom and Dad’s, once we got there we get a call from Darren and Audrey saying that they were out shopping but would be stopping for lunch and asked if we wanted to join them. Again, der. It was a wonderful lunch that Laine slept through and then we were able to get a picture of Grandma with the boys and Laine. A good picture too, with everyone facing forward and not making silly faces. It’s amazing and needs to be framed. After lunch Dad took Grandma over to my cousin Michelle’s house to visit while
Laine and I went with Momma to go and see Poppy for a while. We had a good visit and he was looking really well. He’s lost a lot of weight but in a good way, his hair was recently trimmed and combed nicely, his shirt looked pressed and he was wearing real shoes, not slippers. Its looks like this new nursing home is treating him well. I tried to get a good photo of them but Laine was too squirrelly to sit still for a photo.
After visiting for about an hour Mom and I headed over to Target to do a little Black Friday shopping. It really wasn’t that bad. It could be because we got there around 2:00 and missed the morning rush, but I didn’t’ have any problems finding the toys and video games I was looking for so I guess we either got lucky or this Target was just well stocked. I left there and headed back home close to 5:00 and found Erik and
his old friend hanging out and drinking a few beers so I decided that would be a good time to dunk my head in a vat of chemicals, but had to settle for dying my hair. Since my hair is so thick I had to use two boxes and it probably would have been a lot easier if I did have a vat. (What is a vat?) It took me a little longer than I though to do the dying but I was still ready and out the door in under an hour so we weren’t too late for dinner at Patricia’s house at 6:00.
Everyone liked my hair so I felt it was okay that I was a tad bit late. Patricia was saying how she feels bad that she doesn’t get to see Laine that often so we were like… weeellll, there is a movie we want to see… So Erik and I got to go on a date, kinda. Erik’s friend came too. But he bought me popcorn and a root beer so I didn’t complain, much.
Once we got back to Patricia’s house we were told that Laine was angry when we left, that for an hour she kept looking towards the front door and crying. They told us she didn’t seem sad at all, just angry. We got a good laugh out of that and decided we won’t make a big deal out of saying bye-bye when we leave her again. We got her home and into bed pretty easily and she slept for most of the night. Our Saturday morning was a lot like our Thursday morning so instead of retyping it I’ll just let you reread it.
Go ahead I’ll wait… Then we decided to go to Kohl’s to do a little shopping but on the way out we stopped by Mom and Dad’s again to see Grandma and get a cup of coffee. Mom told me that Michelle’s twins were having a birthday party (yeah, whatever right? I didn’t want to go anyway, humph!) but Mom told me that my cousin Elizabeth and her parents were wanting to come by for a visit after the party, so I had major heart palpitations for a little while and then Mom offered to watch Laine and take her to the party while Erik and I did our shopping and cleaned the house, It was so nice to have a solid couple of hours to do some serious cleaning for once, we got the whole house deep down clean, except for our room, by the time we got there we threw our hands up in the air, said we quit and sat down and had some coffee while waiting on everyone to get there. When they did I offered coffee to everyone else but only Grandma took me up on it, which I was happy for since that left more for me. We did a quick once over of the house, I love people seeing my house for the first time, it reminds me how lucky we are for having such a nice house. They didn’t stay very long to visit since they had a ways left to drive to get home, but I wouldn’t mind having that bunch of folks over again, I like them. 
On Sunday Laine was able to wear her new dress that Grandma bought for her, It’s probably the most adorable outfit ever, and it’s a really simple pattern, so since I have a sewing machine now I’m going to try to make one like it, see if I can’t make cute things too. Lunch after church was NOT at Melly’s, thank God, but at a different Mexican restaurant, so we got our fix, just somewhere else this time. I think a two week break will be just enough for me and I’ll be ready to go back next Sunday. Once we g
ot home Laine crashed for about an hour and a half and when she got up we played for a few hours but then I asked Erik to take care of Laine for me while I watched a little TV to finish the show I had downloaded and while my back was turned that turd let Laine take her first steps! So I ran to get the video camera and was able to film just a little bit before she got too tired to do anymore, I'm so excited that I could catch what I did. Things like this only happen once and you got to be quick! Next time she’ll be doing it without holding onto Erik’s fingers and I can only pray I don’t miss it. After the excitement died down and all was back to normal I took Laine to go and visit with my person since she was home from her trip and I missed being in her company. I didn’t stay long at her house, I hadn’t realized how tired I was until I sat on her super comfy couch and got all droopy eyed. After I left her house I went and raided Mom and Dad’s refrigerator and stole their sweet potatoes and a pumpkin pie that I think might have been our to begin with but I’m not sure. I got home and ate a huge plate of sweet
potatoes and Erik got Laine ready for bed, she had been manic for about three hours before I left the house and for the first time I think ever, she did not fall asleep in the car. She went right back to being all over the place when I got home and didn’t’ stop for almost 45 minutes, then out of the blue she started crying hysterically and rubbing her eyes a lot so I took her upstairs to rock her for a bit and before I even sat down she was snoring in my ear, so I laid her down in her bed and went to tell Erik goodnight too. It was only 6:30 but I knew that if she was going out that early that I’d be getting up super early with her, so I figured I’d be tricksy and get a few good hours in too. The next thin I knew it was 6:30 in the morning and she was still asleep. I got ready for work and was going to wake her up and take her to Mom’s house but it was a little early and I though I’d let mom sleep in al little if she could.
That was our weekend. Long. Good.
After visiting for about an hour Mom and I headed over to Target to do a little Black Friday shopping. It really wasn’t that bad. It could be because we got there around 2:00 and missed the morning rush, but I didn’t’ have any problems finding the toys and video games I was looking for so I guess we either got lucky or this Target was just well stocked. I left there and headed back home close to 5:00 and found Erik and
Once we got back to Patricia’s house we were told that Laine was angry when we left, that for an hour she kept looking towards the front door and crying. They told us she didn’t seem sad at all, just angry. We got a good laugh out of that and decided we won’t make a big deal out of saying bye-bye when we leave her again. We got her home and into bed pretty easily and she slept for most of the night. Our Saturday morning was a lot like our Thursday morning so instead of retyping it I’ll just let you reread it.
On Sunday Laine was able to wear her new dress that Grandma bought for her, It’s probably the most adorable outfit ever, and it’s a really simple pattern, so since I have a sewing machine now I’m going to try to make one like it, see if I can’t make cute things too. Lunch after church was NOT at Melly’s, thank God, but at a different Mexican restaurant, so we got our fix, just somewhere else this time. I think a two week break will be just enough for me and I’ll be ready to go back next Sunday. Once we g
That was our weekend. Long. Good.
This is what parents go through to get a nice picture of their kids.
1 comment:
wow, what a weekend! sounds like a great holiday weekend with lots of food and family, what more could you ask for right?!? Laine is ADORABLE in that little dress, and I told her and you that when I saw you guys :) Grandma not only has good taste in clothes, but she has super powers that makes all the great grandkids smile at the camera in a picture with her... AMAZING! lol I missed you too! Glad to be home, and able to be a part of your blogs again. Can't wait til Thursday with you!
Post a Comment