Mom picked Laine up from daycare on Friday after lunch and got some much needed bonding time in, even dad got off work early and had a little fun, by the end of the day both their blood pressures were down, I say love is the best medicine. After work I hung out at their house for maybe an hour since Laine was in a happy awake mood, she was screaming and crawling ev
erywhere and back again and getting into things so before she decided to go for the Tupperware cabinet and destroy mom’s kitchen I called it a night.
Laine didn't stay up too late, she watched some TV with me and let me get caught up on my Criminal Minds and then went quietly down so that we were both in bed by ten. I 'm not sure what time Erik got home but he was the
re when Laine woke up at four, I never even asked him what time he got home, it’s becoming the norm to go to bed without him now, and it’s sad that I’m getting so good at it.
Saturday we stayed close to the house. We did a once over of the living room and watched some TV while playing with Laine. When it came time to feed the dogs we noticed that Sasha wasn't coming when she was called. She didn't come on Friday morning either and I didn't think anything of it since it was raining. Usually she'll find a corner and stay there until it stops so when Erik went
to look for her Saturday we realize that neither of us had seen Sasha at all since Thursday,
and Erik found a hole in the fence so we assume she's out and lost to us. Erik want's to check with the pound on Monday but my vote is to leave her there. We’ve been saying we were going to give her away for a while now and I think this is nature taking its own course, so… Go nature!
Since it’s been a week or two since Erik and I got some good quality time out of the house together we asked my parents to watch Laine for us so that we could catch the 4:30 showing of
Boondock Saints, the movie we’ve been waiting to come out since 1999. It was worth the wait, f
or anyone who’s wondering. We caught a quick bite for dinner before we headed back to Mom and Dad’s to get Laine. Again she was still up and playful but Erik and I were tired and wanting to go home so we left shortly after we got there. Laine was still awake and active until close to 10 but she slept the whole night which Erik and I both took advantage of. I think Erik may be coming down with something, he’s never this tired and he never ever takes naps, so the fact that he wanted to this weekend makes me wonder. Lots of medication is getting bought tonight just in case.
We woke up early on Sund
ay,
played around in bed for a while then Laine and Erik went back to sleep, as is fair since… well no, it wasn’t fair but oh well. I got up and showered did a little
laundry and finally woke them up again. We stopped to get coffee on the way into church so we were late again.
Darren showed a video for the service that had me laughing and Erik enjoyed it to. Seriously anyone who starts off a sermon with “Hey there’s a lot of peopl
e here, how about we take an offering” is okay in my book, also he made God have a Scottish accent. That is so cool.
For lunch we went to Melly's again and Darren and Audrey brought the boys, the Schmale's and White's came too and we had a great lunch. Jacob and Josh were amazing and I was able to get a few pictures but they move so fast its hard to get them to stop and smile at the camera, but I got a couple of candid’s that are wonderful.
I love knowing Laine, Jacob and josh will grow up together as brothers and sister and I love that the separation of homes doesn’t seem to bother anyone; love can live in two houses.
S
eeing as how I was in a good mood and the day seemed to be full of no plans and TV and naps I decided to schedule a hair appointment for 3:45 that afternoon with Seelva, and I am so glad I did. My hair looks wonderful and it’s the wash a go style that I’ve been wanting. Today is a good hair day and I didn’t even brush it I can’t put into words how wonderful that is for me. When I finally left Seelva, two and a half hours later, after some intense gossip action, I went over to Target and bought myself another dress. Shocker huh? Actually I got myself a dress and a long sleeved t-shirt. I made myself special yesterday and I don’t feel bad about it. Once I got back home Laine had
just woken up from a nap so I decided since we’ll be up late anyway I’d make some dinner so we had some pork chops and sautéed veggies with brown rice, it was amazing, but I forgot the leftovers that were to be my lunch at home, like I do. That just means that I’ll have a great lunch tomorrow though.
Well that’s about it, it was an easy weekend and It should be a super easy week, seeing as how I only have to work two and a half days this week, maybe I can talk Erik into putting up the Christmas lights... That could be an amazing story for you to read.
1 comment:
What a nice weekend! Im happy to finally see some good pics of Laine with Jacob and Josh too. :) I would wish for Michael to put up Christmas lights, but I know better than to expect him to get into the season, thats my thing, not his really lol. Sorry I skipped out on you this holiday, I didnt know until after it was too late that you guys decided to stay home this Thanksgiving. :( I miss you already, but thank goodness for Yahoo, right?
Post a Comment