I left work early on Thursday to go home to rest. I slept for about six hours before I needed to go and pick Laine up from daycare, it was definitely the boost I needed, without it I wouldn’t have made it through the rest of the week. I slept fine on Thursday night, the deep sleep of a woman medicated, but Friday came and I was out of every drug except for Tylenol and it just didn’t want to do its job, so I fired it. Chicken broth and water and an apple here and there is all I had to fight the Dread Pirate Roberts Bug of Doom. My kingdom for a sword! I felt useless and beaten. Friday morning I still had a fever so I just didn’t go in to the office. I couldn’t sleep though so I was stuck with no energy but wide awake. So I watched a lot of TV and just generally sat around feeling sorry for myself until around 11:00 when I was ready to tear my hair out, so I got up and started doing some laundry and in the process made myself sweat, which broke my fever. So after my Extreme Laundry Folding Championship Medal Winning Time Record was set I collapsed back on the couch to watch more TV and after about an hour, my fever came back, so I decided to exercise the sick out of me, so I cleaned a lot of the house that really needed it and I’m glad for the excuse but man was I tired afterwards. But no fever so no complaints. One thing that I really had going for me was that it was a lazy weekend, Erik and I made no plans and we didn’t have to be anywhere or visit anyone so I was able to sit on the couch and feel useless all day long and no one looked sideways at me for it. And Laine helped out a lot too; she slept all night every night. It’s like she knew mommy needed the break and so she helped.
That afternoon we had made plans to go back to the Painted Potter but after Erik got done with his Extreme Landscaping Genius Battle to the Death he had with the front yard he was pooped and just wanted to watch TV for a while. Laine and I were happy to veg out too. Around 6:00 we got bored and decided to see what new movies were out so we went by Blockbuster and then got some Popeye’s for dinner and made a family night out of our laziness. It was really fun and relaxing and not even a little bit stressful and I thought it was wonderful.
Sunday was a little different and I’d tell you all about it if I had the energy but suffice it to say that Erik is a very smart man who is capable of great things and I’m very glad that Team God is on our side. I still haven’t talked to Erik yet so I’m in the dark as to whether or not everything is back to normal. I will say this about Sunday; I love my person for giving me the company and cookies I needed to make it through and I hate Erik’s job.
Today I’m not contagious so I’m back at work. I’d rather have one more day to sleep it off, but I take what I can get and what I can get is what I had and I’ll be grateful for it. Tomorrow is Tuesday so I’m not expecting much, but maybe tomorrow will at least not be worse than today.
2 comments:
i love you, im sorry you have been feeling uckie, and im sorry that the end of your good weekend had a curveball thrown right into the middle of it. I hope it turns out all being worth it though.
Now that we know the "almost end of the story" you can relax more, right? I am so thankful we have God to turn to in our times of need and in our times of joy. Your video was priceless and I am sure it put the cherry on Erik's otherwise not so sweet day. You are an amazing wife and mother and you are very kindhearted and giving. I am so glad to call you my daughter :D
Post a Comment