Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Monday, November 16

Weekend Update

Good news for me, bad news for the blog. This weekend was the laziest one we've had in a very long time. Friday I got home a little early and found Erik already there and he'd gone grocery shopping for us so we had some amazing sandwich making supplies to last us the weekend. So in appreciation I played a little Family Fun Time game with him before we went to get Laine. Once we got home we really didn't want to do anything so we just plopped ourselves down on the couch and watched a movie and waited for the Dynamo game to start at 10:30. My person texted me a few times and I wish she'd come hang out with us, but it was already late by that time so maybe next weekend.
Saturday I woke up with the feeling that I was missing something so I texted mom and dad and Darren to see if there was a soccer game or something I was supposed to be at and I found out that I had forgotten about Jacobs karate thing on Friday. Ask me if I felt like crap... YES! I missed the last three weekends of Josh's soccer and now this. I feel like a horrible birth mom, I complain about not seeing Jacob enough and when given the chance I flake. It's so retardedly dumb. So that was a way to start a day, huh?
Our Saturday was more or less piddling around the house. Erik and I spic and spanned the kitchen and living room together and He took a bunch of stuff from his office upstairs into the attic while I finished some laundry. After that Laine and I took about an hour nap while Erik did whatever it is he does when I'm not looking, video games I think. When we woke up we found a Mad Max marathon on TV so we vegged until about 4:45 then we packed up and headed over to Erik's parents house for a visit. It turned out we were supposed to be there anyway but never got the email, Patricia and Torben wanted to tell us about their trip to Egypt and hand out the gifts they got for everyone. I got some Egyptian oils that smell wonderful on me; Erik seems to really like it. And Erik got a chess set made of camel bone, how sick is that? But you have to touch it after you find out what it is, because seriously, who wouldn't be curious to feel what camel bone feels like? Laine got a wooden snake that amuses her to no end; the fact that it is chewable makes her very happy.
Laine is growing her third tooth, this time it's on the top. My little gentle thing's got razors sprouting out of her mouth, and she loves to show you how they work, she's gotten Erik's nose a couple of times and she caught my ankle last night. It's like having a Yorkie or Maltese or something.
Sunday we got to church a little late since we stopped for coffee on the way, Erik fell asleep three times during the service, I kept poking him and he'd peek at me through one eye then smile and close his eyes again. It reminded me of sitting next to Pawpaw in church. He'd always fall asleep and Grandma would have to get either me or Levi to poke him to wake him up. Pawpaw was never apologetic about it either.
After church we headed out to Smelly's to eat some Mexican with the White's and mom and dad then after lunch dad followed us home to drop off a new diaper genie and a bookshelf for Laine's room. We haven't moved it upstairs yet, but I'm pretty sure Erik will do that tonight.
We went to the Painted Potter sometime around 4:00 and finished making the grandparents Christmas presents, then we dropped off our movies from last weekend back at blockbuster and headed to HEB to get some stuff for lunches this week and for dinner last night. Hot dogs are what we decided on and I was so glad, it might not be that good for you but it's yummy and quick and easy to clean up so I was happy. I decided to go to sleep around 9:30 and now we are here. Monday is almost over and I really didn't think I was even going to write out an update since I didn't think anything happened. That just shows me, I don't need anything to write about, I’ll just write about anything.
And here are some video's we've taken recently. I've got some cute kids.



2 comments:

BColleen said...

Yay for nice and relaxing weekends. Sounds like Erik was able to relax a good deal after the crazy week that he had. So nice! Sorry I missed out on sharing the weekend with you, I ended up going to bed early, which was good. Maybe next time. ;)

izonprize said...

Please Keep Blogging and don't EVER stop! No matter what!! I love every little thing you say.