Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Wednesday, November 25

Single Serving Family

So as of yesterday we are officially a one serving family. We are one man, one woman, one baby, one pet. Sasha escaped sometime last week, we are guessing around Thursday; we found the hole in the fence on Saturday and were finally able to check with the pound on Tuesday. And really, wow because I thought for sure they would have her. What a weird feeling this is… If she had been at the pound it would have given us the choice to get her or not; knowing that she isn’t there makes me almost sad, it takes the choice away from us. I mean I didn’t want her anymore, she attracts fleas too well, she digs constantly, and she howls in the middle of the night and refused to come inside anymore, of course with the fleas she wasn’t allowed in anymore anyway. She wouldn’t eat but maybe every other day which worried me and pissed me off because it made me worry about her. I have been whining and complaining about her for almost a year now and I’ve been praying that we would find a home for her or find a shelter that would take her and we haven’t had any luck, and now she gets out on her own and this is the first time that the pound didn’t catch her. I’m really close to being sad about this now. How weird is that? I mean I’m happy that she’s gone because I now have one less stressor in my life and things have gotten a lot better with the flea situation just in the week she’s been gone but I’m not completely heartless in that I don’t care what’s happened to her, I do care. She stood as a symbol of my relationship with Erik for a long time. Buying Sasha was a big step for us; almost as practice in starting a family so I am sad that that symbol is gone. But this way I have no idea what happened to her and I have no idea if she’s okay or not and that’s what makes me sad. However as far as I know she could be sitting on a beach sipping on a bacon daiquiri thinking about sending us a postcard if only she knew how to write. I’m pretty sure that’s the way I’ll think of her from now on.
I think we will be just fine with April. I trust April way more than I did Sasha. April has never snapped at me before so I don’t have the fear of her hurting Laine as much as I did with Sasha. April has been an inside dog for this past week, she’s been kind of depressed without Sasha around but surprisingly April is a really good inside dog, she knows where she’s allowed to go and she hasn’t had one accident in the house. So we will be okay with just one dog.
I have no photos of Sasha handy to show you which is sad, I may tack one on here after I get home today if I remember.
Last night when I picked Laine up at daycare I was handed a card with Laine's picture on it, she got her first ID! It's for emergencies, like if she gets taken or something it's what I'm supposed to give to the police. So it' a good thing but it makes me think scary thoughts so it's in my purse and I don't look at it.
When I got home with Laine I sat her down in her highchair and gave her a biter biscuit while I made my dinner. Every few minutes I’d give her a bite of banana but it was hard to fight the biscuit out of her mouth to get her to eat so it took almost an hour to finish the jar of food off, and then we took a bath, and that took a while too because she was in such a good mood and being so playful that I couldn't take her out. When she’s having that much fun I just sprinkle her with warm water every now and then so she stays warm and let her splash to her hearts content, it’s when she started trying to crawl out of the sink and across the counter that we call it quits. Erik got home close to 8:00 and took Laine for me while I got caught up on a TV show I’m about two seasons behind on.
Today Laine is the only baby at the daycare so I’m going to try to get there early to pick her up and give the girls a break, if there aren’t any babies they can go home so I’m going to see what I can do to help with that. We should have plenty of photos for my weekend update next Monday, and since this is a holiday weekend I doubt I’ll blog again until next week, so if you don’t hear from me assume we are well and happy and eating copious amounts of pie.

1 comment:

BColleen said...

*sigh* i missed you. :)