Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Tuesday, November 9

Shopping Lists

I’ve started a new diet-y thing. It’s not so much what I can and cannot eat. I’ve been doing my math and for my body type it seems there are foods that I can eat and still lose weight and foods that hold onto my inches and pounds like a lifeline, so those foods have to be cut out (i.e.; peanut butter, apples, and cheese). I’ve also figured out my caloric intake versus my weight/inch loss and I’m on a limit. That’s the easy part. Limiting how much I eat has never been my problem; it’s been eating the right things. So anyway, now you know. It’s not what I eat its how much of it I eat, come back in 45 days (that’s December 23) and my tests will be over and I’ll let you know how it went.


Today I made up a list for Laine’s Christmas and Birthday gift that Erik and I would love to see her have. Most all of the gifts are specifically wanted. Like the bowling pins. Laine’ throws things so often, usually at Mommy’s head that I would like to give her something to throw with purpose and we can work on her accuracy in the process. The vacuum would be nice to teach her that it’s nothing to be afraid of and that the she can do it to while I vacuum the living room. Some of course look like something that she’d enjoy and I never want her to lack joy. Erik and I will be shopping off of this list as well but there is a lot there and all of it is from Target (see the two links, they are to the same products) so it’s easy to shop online or at the store. This year has been tough on everyone and I’ve been feeling guilty when people ask me what they should get Laine for Christmas or her birthday this year so I made this list, where there are no toys that are over $30. Hopefully it answers some questions or gives some ideas. Of course you can feel free to shop off list too. I’d never want to dictate something like this, I’m just trying to help out.

Erik on the other hand is a completely different issue. Don’t ask me about him because I have no clue. None. I may be asking you for ideas.

2 comments:

izonprize said...

I am watching you!!!!! You are actually doing fantastic! I can see the transformation before my eyes. Can't wait to see Dec. 23rd!

izonprize said...

I will check out the Laine list for sure! Nanny.