Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Monday, November 22

Just Plain Mean

Everyday at my office someone makes toast. Everyday I smell the sweet smell of toasty bready goodness waft into my office and I long for it. LONG FOR IT! I want that toast so bad. It’s the best smelling toast I’ve ever smelled. My toast never smells like that. Not even close. And God help me if there’s butter involved. I die. Damn you Ramsey. Damn you and your buttery toast.
So close, and yet so, so far.
Today it was Jack though, and he made a toasted peanut better and jelly sandwich. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? A little sympathy for the folks sitting ten feet from the toaster who do not have the gift of making perfect smelling toast. OH! And the one time I ask someone to toast my bread for me?? They burn it. No joke. This is cruel.

1 comment:

izonprize said...

ha ha!!!! funny lady, I KNOW I taught you how to make toast...didn't I? Say I did. Did I fail as a mother???? Ha, ha! JK