Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Wednesday, November 3

List

While I was sick last month I had to make Erik a list for how to care for Laine and the house. He totally didn't follow that list, like, not even a little bit but that’s okay. He does his own thing. Except for when he’d say, “Hey babe, how come all my socks are dirty?” I’d say, “Well, sugar dumpling, because you didn’t do #14.” Then I’d pass out again. Okay no not really. My list back then was very short and very limited to what I could make myself care about enough to remind him to do and it wasn’t much. Anyway, over the last month I’ve adjusted that list and added things and now it’s a play by play for my daily routine.
I like having a list, if you know me you know that. I like the feeling of marking things off a list. Done! You’re done, I’m not doing you again today! There is a feeling of victory in crossing a word off a list. I know why serial killers keep lists of their victims. It’s the same way I am about laundry and dishes. I will annihilate them and then cross them off my list. Ah aha!!
Last night Erik came home a little early and caught me around number 11 which is Laine’s bath time, so he took care of it for me, as well as 11a-c, 12a-c and 13a. I got 13b. He found me marking things off and asked what I was doing , I told him it was my list, and I’m crossing things off. He looked at me and then the list and gave me a look that I can only describe as “whaaaa!?” I think he was a little jealous. My list is so much better than his list.

2 comments:

izonprize said...

I love this! I need to make a list myself--you inspire me!!!! Crazy Lady!

izonprize said...

You inspire me!!!!