We woke up at 7:15 Saturday morning, not because Laine woke us up but because Erik wanted to share with me his winnings he’d just received in the family fun time lottery. I felt like a winner too. Laine woke up shortly after we finished and we all went downstairs to enjoy a lazy Saturday morning together. Around 9:00 Erik went outside to mow the lawn while Laine and I took showers and got dressed for the day. After Erik’s shower we left for Target to do a little shopping before heading over to The Rosendahl’s for the soccer game and Kate’s birthday party. The game was fun to watch, it was like the super bowl in that house, every one was packed around the TV and completely centered on that game, nothing else mattered. When England scored in the fourth minute there was some serious groaning and cursing and yelling and Laine didn’t know quite how to take that but the game went on and we all got over it. Erik was complaining over and over again that he couldn't believe they took Ching off the team and replaced him with a younger guy, I mean her really complained about it. And the more beer he had the more of an offense it was to him personally. When the US scored there was again yelling and jumping up and down and high fives and craziness that scared Laine and she jumped up into my arms and was near shaking, the yells this time really did come out of no where and it scared her a lot. It literally scared the poop out of her, I have just changed a wet diaper not even five minutes prior and when she jumped into my arms I smelled poop. They scared the poop out of my kid. We all got a huge laugh out of that.After the game we all got out into the pool for a while. Laine had a lot of fun getting thrown in the air and getting dunked under water. Jenn sat on the edge and took photo’s for us, we got some really good ones too. Laine had a blast feeding Erik and I Chex Mix from the bowl beside the pool.
At one point I sat her on the edge to make it easier for her to reach and after a short while she jumped up and wouldn’t come back to me, it took me a long time before I could convince her.
We stayed in the pool until Laine started trying for the stairs, it was close to 5:30 by the. Before we left I took a bunch of photo’s of Kate and her friends for their Facebook pages. We didn’t leave until almost 8:30 and on the way home Laine fell asleep in the car and Erik and I settled in for a movie. I fell asleep less than halfway through the movie and felt so bad about it because Erik had been waiting so long to watch it with me and I didn’t even stick it out all the way. We went up to bed finally around 11:30 and Laine let us sleep in until almost 9:15. We got great sleep last night, It’s one o’clock on a Sunday and I don’t even feel like I need a nap. We are waiting now for the roast to get done so we can eat. I’m starving. I’ve taken up over an hour to write this and I’ still waiting to eat, I’m so hungry.
Frank Turner
Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.
Sunday, June 13
The First Half
This weekend is only in the second half so far and already there is so much to tell. After work on Friday I got home and vegged. Typically I clean and do laundry and keep active until I need to go and get Laine from daycare, usually while I'm doing this I feel guilty that I haven't gotten Laine from daycare yet and what if she knew I was home and not getting her? Would she think she wasn't loved and that I didn't want her around? So Friday when I was at home thinking these thoughts again I had to force myself to just sit on the couch, just sit there and enjoy the silence around me, I didn't fall asleep, I didn't read or watch TV, I just sat. And it was wonderful. After I got up and went to go and get Laine around 6:00 I went over to Mom’s house to hang out with Damone and watch some TV. They were doing a puzzle and when Erik showed up he took over for them trying to finish it for them. Damone and I sped through the So You Think You Can Dance episode we missed on Thursday night but she didn’t seem overly interested and I thought they could have done much better for their first dancing episode. We didn’t leave until after 8:00 and Laine was about ready to pass out. I don’t like keeping Laine out too late but as long as we can get her home close to bed time it’s alright by me and her schedule isn’t too messed up.
No comments:
Post a Comment