Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Monday, June 14

The Second Half

We did eventually eat around 2:00 on Sunday; roast and potatoes and carrots with gravy. GRAVY!! It was a great meal. Afterwards Mom and I made a banana nut loaf that was gluten and sugar free, you never would have guessed, it was delicious. We also made some gluten free brownies that tasted yummy.
Erik and I hung out at mom and Dads until almost 7:00 Erik got to watch a soccer game and Mom and I spent a few hours looking online for the resort we’d most like to visit this Christmas. I think we finally agreed on one of them but they were all so amazing looking that I really couldn’t tell if one was better than another. I’m very much looking forward to taking another Mexico vacation, but I am very scared to leave Laine behind. I know I have a few months to come to terms with it but I think I may have some serious therapy ahead of me for it. Erik and I have been waiting to see the Prince of Persia movie for a while and Jenn said she’d come to our house to babysit for us so we went to the 7:45 showing and were home again before 10:00. I though it was an excellent movie. It reminded me a lot of The Mummy. Not with what it was about but the fact that there was no sex, no profanity, no real blood. Just a ton of action and adventure. It was a whole lot of fun to watch and if I owned it I’d probably watch it over and over again, just like I do The Mummy. Erik woke up this morning around 5:30 to head over to his parent’s house to watch the Denmark versus Norway/Normandy/Netherlands game. It’s one of those teams, I’m not sure which but apparently it’s a really big deal. I felt like I was sleeping in since I kept sleeping after he left. I kept jerking awake to make sure I wasn’t late for work, finally around 5:45 I gave up and got up and took a nice long shower. At work now and I feel like I had an extra long weekend. So much happened in the last two days, but then again not really. A lot of hanging out and swimming and playing but I guess that was it. Good times don’t always fly by I guess. It was a great relaxing lazy long weekend.

No comments: