Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Monday, May 17

Weekend Update

If you think I am about to tell you about a healthy weekend full of parks and sno cones and swimming pools you have got the wrong blog. I’m about to tell you about a weekend full of fevers and rainy days and antibiotics and long afternoon naps full sleep talk.
Laine and I both had fevers this weekend. Friday I wasn’t feeling so good and Laine was cranky and refusing to go down to sleep after dinner. Once I finally got her to sleep I decided to stay up a little later, like an idiot so that come Saturday morning I was feeling like and even larger pile of poop. Laine felt super warm to me when she woke up and Erik was taking April to the vet so I asked him to fill Laine’s antibiotic prescription while he was out and to buy us one of those thermometers that you stick in the kids ear. Those work great on babies and mommies. She was at 100.7 and I was at 99.5. That’s pretty high for the both of us. I also asked him to look for some Tylenol or Motrin for her fever, he said the CVS had been picked clean, all Motrin and Tylenol products had been bought and there was only one box of generic brand Tylenol left, the pharmacist actually congratulated Erik on getting the last box. After temperatures were taken and Tylenol and antibiotics were dispensed Laine and I still felt pretty crappy and spent the whole entire day lounging together in the living room. If you’ve met my daughter you now that even when she’s sick she’s still active so for her to take an entire day to just lie around and cuddle with me she must have been really sick.
Sunday morning Erik got up with Laine and let me sleep in a little later until almost 9:30 then threw the baby on me to wake me up. That was nice. My fever was back down to a manageable 99.5 again so I got dressed and went to church. Laine started tugging on her ear right before church but quit soon after. We ate lunch out and then headed home for naps, I took one with Laine until almost 4:00, and then Erik got us up again so we could go visit with his family for dinner. Laine seemed to be a hundred percent better while we were there and it made me think that if she can tough it out so can I. But really I was miserable and counting the minutes until I could go home again. And what did I do once I was home and Laine was in bed asleep, I stayed up until 10:30 cleaning the house and doing laundry. So yeah I feel like poop again today. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
Jacob’s first basketball game with his new team is tonight at 8:00, I’m going to try and fight my way through the sick and just go and have fun and take pictures. Fingers crossed that I make it out alive.

No comments: