Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Tuesday, May 11

Almost Only 130

I forgot to take Laine’s picture yesterday. And almost the day before too. I got a photo of Laine from Sunday night but only after dragging myself up at 11:00 and taking one of her sleeping. That counts. Yesterday I just didn’t take one, it completely slipped my mind. Luckily for me my mom took one on her phone. I was in such a panic this morning. I didn’t even realize I hadn’t taken a photo until I saw my purse in the entry way this morning, with my camera lying on top, just where I’d left it when I first walked through the door the evening before. I know it’s ridiculous but I felt like suck a jerk. Like I’ve got this amazing thing I’m trying to do for Laine, get a photo everyday, and I missed one. So I feel like obviously Laine will one day look back and have to ask me, “what was so important that day that you couldn’t take one little photo?” And then I’m going to cry. So I’m grateful to my mom for putting that day off just a little longer. Of course in that same mindset I’m going to have the whole conversation of why I didn’t start on her first day getting a photo every single day, I could lie and say I did but it all got deleted with the rest of our photos off Erik’s computer but I won’t want to do that. I can only hope that she’s more like Erik than me and this whole mess will never actually happen. That she'll just meh it and I won't have to feel like a jerk. Then again I hope she’s more like me than Erik so that she’ll appreciate the daily snapshots and not meh it, just not to the point where it hurts her feelings or anything. Yeah, I'll just hope she's more like Erik.

1 comment:

izonprize said...

Okay, I am all caught up again on your blogs--you can see, it is 12:33am, which is typical if I get any free time to do fun stuff, like read my amazing daughter's blogs--which I love, by the way! I want to remind you that I literally think you are the most amazing mom ever!!! I don't know how you do it all...I didn't work away from home when you and Levi were little and I was often a frazzled mess by the time your daddy got home at night. How do you do it all? And if Laine ever negatively comments on the ONE photograph you forgot to capture that ONE day in a million, well, just tell her to read your blogs and just try to argue that she wasn't the most loved little girl in the entire universe, ever! And you were probably doing something amazing for her until the moment you passed out in exhaustion and that's why you missed it. But you won't have to explain anything to her. She WILL be so thankful to have such a mom as you. Maybe not until she is 20 something...but, eventually, she WILL. Big Time... Believe me.