Laine is sick again. I don’t know what to do for my girl, it’s like she is never fully healed, she just had good days that fool me into thinking she is. Saturday evening Laine’s nose started running profusely, a steady stream of clear snot, but she didn’t seem stuffy, she had no problems when drinking from her cup or eating and she wasn’t snoring too badly in her sleep. She started coughing sometime during the night but it only woke me up not her. Sunday she was coughing more, the morning wasn’t so bad but that night it was horrible, again she slept all night but her coughing definitely kept me up, it isn’t a barking cough or a scratchy one but it was loud, really loud. This morning she woke up with nasty green snot and a worse cough. She had bad crustiest I her eyes that I though I’d wiped away but once I got to mom’s house her left eye had crusted again and looked like it was swollen. I figured it could have been from me rubbing at it but mom says it’s still swollen so I called Dr. Collard and now I’m just waiting for 11:30 so I can bust out of here and meet mom at the doctors. 
And in case anyone is wondering yes, I do know how good I have it with my mom. Yes, she is the best parent/grandparent ever. Yes, I feel blessed beyond anything I deserve. No, you can’t have her.
Now for a little update from this weekend on news other than Laine's illnesses.
On Saturday morning I was in Laine's room separating out her clothes and cleaning up while Erik and Laine played on the floor by my feet, and on top of my feet and under my feet at some points even inside my feet. Laine went to her bookshelf and was looking at them trying to decide what to read, finally she picks one and takes it to Erik and sits in his lap, what book did she choose? I love you, Daddy! Is that not the most amazing thing ever?
And in case anyone is wondering yes, I do know how good I have it with my mom. Yes, she is the best parent/grandparent ever. Yes, I feel blessed beyond anything I deserve. No, you can’t have her.
On Saturday morning I was in Laine's room separating out her clothes and cleaning up while Erik and Laine played on the floor by my feet, and on top of my feet and under my feet at some points even inside my feet. Laine went to her bookshelf and was looking at them trying to decide what to read, finally she picks one and takes it to Erik and sits in his lap, what book did she choose? I love you, Daddy! Is that not the most amazing thing ever?
In other news... Joshua cut his own hair.
I think he looks amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment