Friday I got off work around 3:00 and headed strait home to clean. I got the living room and the dining room done before I had to go and get Laine. And it was clean. So clean it looked like it did when we first moved in and everything had a place and there was no clutter or dust or random toys on the floor. It was clean like my mom’s house is clean and I was dang proud of myself. Saturday I cleaned the office and the kitchen while Erik watched Laine and cleaned the bathroom.
Halfway through that we took a break to go and see Josh play his soccer game at the park and eat some lunch. 
Laine started getting cranky near the end of lunch but we still had to stop by Target and Home Depot. I had Erik go to Home Depot while Elaine and I walked around Target and we’d checkout when he got there. I picked out what I wanted for Mother’s Day while I was walking around. An amazingly comfortable robe, Erik got me the matching pants as an extra little surprise. Laine was ready to throw a fit by the time we got done with all of our shopping so we headed back to the house to finish cleaning and getting ready for dinner. Well I cleaned, Erik and Laine build a fort in the living room with the couch cushions I had just vaccuumed.
We were having my brother and sister over for fish that I had no idea how to cook and I wanted the house to be clean for them. Not so much that I thought they’d appreciate it and not so much that I need my house to be clean for guests, it’s just that momma taught me good, so I can’t not clean for company. Kind of like taking your clothes off before you get in the shower, it’s just something you do.
Cassie and James showed up around 5:30 and we started marinating the fish and getting the rice cooked and the veggies ready to roast and opened our first bottle of wine. Erik and James had Laine with the in the living room and in the back yard while Cassie and I stayed in the kitchen. It was a wonderful dinner but at some point between bottle of wine one and bottle of wine three I blacked out. I’ve heard stories that I was laying in the front yard talking to Cassie about how the stars at my house are different than the ones at her house, but at least I didn’t embarrass myself. Ha.
Then Sunday morning I woke up around 7:30 and went down for a glass of water only to find all of my clothes from the previous night in a pile in the middle of the kitchen. Yeah… I went back upstairs and there were leaves on my pillow. Oookay… I woke Erik up and said “hey did we have amazing sex last night or was that just an amazing dream?” Apparently we had gymnastastical, I’m still limping from the exertion kind of haven’t-done-this-since-I-was-a-teenager sex. UH- MAZING. Erik threw out his hip and my shoulders are still sore today. Where did that go in my life? Why does that not happen every single night? Oh yeah, because with the unabashedly free me comes a severe hangover. I haven’t felt this way since college, I’ve never had a wine hangover like this and it was awful. I curled up on the couch with Laine and didn’t even get dressed for church until 9:55. Church starts at ten. I didn’t have to go to church, I could have stayed home all day if I’d wanted, it was mothers day and my day and I could be bad if I wanted, but I didn’t want to. I wanted to see my mom and I wanted to get my mothers day hug from my dad. Those are the best. Seriously. Like yeah I screwed up a ton in life and yeah I still screw up a tone now and maybe getting pregnant wasn’t such a smart move back in the day but look at all the wonderful things that have come out of it. Knowing my dad thinks that makes my Mother’s Day hugs the best.
After church it was still all I could do to keep from vomiting so we skipped lunch and just headed over to Erik’s moms house… where they were cooking about six dozen eggs. There was an amazing looking pile of cheese covered eggs with ham and veggies in it but it also had onions, so did everything else but the French toast and deviled eggs. They didn’t know we were coming and I got about four different apologies for the onions but I got super full on the toast, it was just what I needed to help be feel better. I tried to take a short nap on the couch after we ate but Laine had other ideas. She got me good, right ton the nose, with the TV remote. I thought my nose was broken for a few minutes, but it didn’t even bleed. After a while we went home so that I could lay down some more but on the way Laine finally fell asleep for her first nap of the day so we put her down and I changed into my pajamas and headed over to my persons house while I had no responsibilities and she and I were able to celebrate our day together for almost an hour. I need to start celebrating more holidays so that I can see her more often, it’s like birthdays and holidays are the only time we have anymore. Stupid responsibilities, keeping me from my person.
After I got back home I woke Laine up and we all hung out in the living room until bedtime. Laine stayed up later than usual again and Erik and I went to bed at the same time she did. She woke up at 2:30 thought and I got up and gave her a bottle then laid her in bed with me, but I was coughing so much that I finally go up and took some Robitussin. I crawled back into bed but not even two minutes alter my chest started burning, from the inside. It felt like the Robitussin was eating away at whatever lining there was in my throat, so I got back up again, waking Laine up again and drank three big glasses of water then made myself throw it all back up. And once I started that it just wouldn’t stop. I got back into the bedroom at 3:30 and Laine was still awake. I rocked her for a while but at 4:30 I got Erik up again and had him take her for me, I only had another hour before my alarm was going to go off. He took her and she was out in minutes, I don’t know how he does it but I’m jealous.
Cassie and James showed up around 5:30 and we started marinating the fish and getting the rice cooked and the veggies ready to roast and opened our first bottle of wine. Erik and James had Laine with the in the living room and in the back yard while Cassie and I stayed in the kitchen. It was a wonderful dinner but at some point between bottle of wine one and bottle of wine three I blacked out. I’ve heard stories that I was laying in the front yard talking to Cassie about how the stars at my house are different than the ones at her house, but at least I didn’t embarrass myself. Ha.
Then Sunday morning I woke up around 7:30 and went down for a glass of water only to find all of my clothes from the previous night in a pile in the middle of the kitchen. Yeah… I went back upstairs and there were leaves on my pillow. Oookay… I woke Erik up and said “hey did we have amazing sex last night or was that just an amazing dream?” Apparently we had gymnastastical, I’m still limping from the exertion kind of haven’t-done-this-since-I-was-a-teenager sex. UH- MAZING. Erik threw out his hip and my shoulders are still sore today. Where did that go in my life? Why does that not happen every single night? Oh yeah, because with the unabashedly free me comes a severe hangover. I haven’t felt this way since college, I’ve never had a wine hangover like this and it was awful. I curled up on the couch with Laine and didn’t even get dressed for church until 9:55. Church starts at ten. I didn’t have to go to church, I could have stayed home all day if I’d wanted, it was mothers day and my day and I could be bad if I wanted, but I didn’t want to. I wanted to see my mom and I wanted to get my mothers day hug from my dad. Those are the best. Seriously. Like yeah I screwed up a ton in life and yeah I still screw up a tone now and maybe getting pregnant wasn’t such a smart move back in the day but look at all the wonderful things that have come out of it. Knowing my dad thinks that makes my Mother’s Day hugs the best.
After church it was still all I could do to keep from vomiting so we skipped lunch and just headed over to Erik’s moms house… where they were cooking about six dozen eggs. There was an amazing looking pile of cheese covered eggs with ham and veggies in it but it also had onions, so did everything else but the French toast and deviled eggs. They didn’t know we were coming and I got about four different apologies for the onions but I got super full on the toast, it was just what I needed to help be feel better. I tried to take a short nap on the couch after we ate but Laine had other ideas. She got me good, right ton the nose, with the TV remote. I thought my nose was broken for a few minutes, but it didn’t even bleed. After a while we went home so that I could lay down some more but on the way Laine finally fell asleep for her first nap of the day so we put her down and I changed into my pajamas and headed over to my persons house while I had no responsibilities and she and I were able to celebrate our day together for almost an hour. I need to start celebrating more holidays so that I can see her more often, it’s like birthdays and holidays are the only time we have anymore. Stupid responsibilities, keeping me from my person.
After I got back home I woke Laine up and we all hung out in the living room until bedtime. Laine stayed up later than usual again and Erik and I went to bed at the same time she did. She woke up at 2:30 thought and I got up and gave her a bottle then laid her in bed with me, but I was coughing so much that I finally go up and took some Robitussin. I crawled back into bed but not even two minutes alter my chest started burning, from the inside. It felt like the Robitussin was eating away at whatever lining there was in my throat, so I got back up again, waking Laine up again and drank three big glasses of water then made myself throw it all back up. And once I started that it just wouldn’t stop. I got back into the bedroom at 3:30 and Laine was still awake. I rocked her for a while but at 4:30 I got Erik up again and had him take her for me, I only had another hour before my alarm was going to go off. He took her and she was out in minutes, I don’t know how he does it but I’m jealous.
So that’s why I’m at work today. This weekend wasn’t a bad weekend but it was full and I’m over it. I’m ready to get the week started so that I can get to next weekend and try and do it all better. This time with no hangover, but hopefully a little more of the amazing sex.
No comments:
Post a Comment