Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Thursday, April 29

Typical Night

Last night I got home at 6:00 with Laine, She was in a playful curious mood so I took her outside to run around the front yard while we waited on Erik to come home. At one point a dog barked frightening the birds in the tree and she pointed to one and said “Bur?” then flapped her arms. It was probably the cutest thing she’s ever done, and that’s a serious statement. I was breathless from the flood of adorableness I was drowning in. Erik got home right as we were going back inside, I tried to get Laine to show him where the birds were but there weren’t any out anymore. Erik was only stopping by to drop off the stroller to clear up room in his car so that he could leave right away again to go and pick up our new microwave that we ordered two weeks ago. While he was gone I heated up some gumbo for Laine’s dinner and took her for a quick stroll down the street and back up again. Laine had a great appetite last night; she ate all of her gumbo and rice, two huge handfuls of pineapple pieces and one sugar cookie and still wanted more. So I gave her a hot dog to gnaw on while I puttered around the kitchen. While she was occupied I measured out everything I need for cookies so that once she was asleep I could mix them up really quickly and get the batter chilling for tonight. I’d like to make a few with her hand prints in them if I can. Just to see what it would look like. Also I have orange and blackberry fillings to test out with my cookies as glazes. My person better be prepared for the taste test session later.
Before Erik got back I scrubbed out our microwave so that when it goes to the attic it’ll be nice and clean for whoever gets it next. Once he got home again he needed help carrying it inside and that totally racked up enough points to close out my manual labor account for the week. After I caught my breath Erik and I went outside with Laine and met up with our neighbors across the street, Amanda and Dave with their little boy Rivers. They were very interested in each other, Laine and Rivers, they were also very interested to find out that they both had belly buttons; it is defiantly a moment to remember to tell them about whenever they are older.
After we came back inside Erik finished off the rest of the gumbo and I got Laine settled down on the couch with me to watch American Idol but then I found out that it was Wednesday and not Tuesday so I turned it off. Erik had to leave again to head out to Iway to start up their servers, apparently their power had gone out and now it was back on but the servers needed to be manually turned on. I really hate that company, they take advantage of Archer in a way that no other company does. They call Erik at night on weekends and during holidays, even during our dad gum honeymoon. I really don’t like Iway.
After Erik left I got Laine to sleep around 8:15. I took myself upstairs and checked my emails and facebook account and then ran back downstairs to make the cookie batter then back upstairs to watch Tuesdays AI episode. I totally fell in love with Lee Dewyze, for serious. Once that was over I watched ANTM and was not at all impressed with the girls this season. I tried to get into Iron Chef and failed so I just gave up and went to sleep. Erik was there next to me this morning but I never heard him come home. However the coke can next to the bed still had condensation on it so it couldn’t have been too much before 5:00. Poor guy.

No comments: