Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Monday, April 19

On Energy

This is something that really ties into being sick. My energy level is almost negative. I have slept for three days and I still feel like I’ve run a marathon every time I try to sit up strait. After I eat a meal I feel like I’ve just finished a competitive hot dog eating contest and I want to barf it up so bad just so that I can feel like I’ve not taken so much in. even if I’ve only just drank a glass of milk, it’s the same feeling no matter what. And the headaches are getting bad at night; one woke me up from a dead sleep on Sunday morning around 1:00, which was awesome. (Well it kind of was; I got to finally see Under the Tuscan Sun). But during the day I zone out a lot. I catch myself staring into space a lot, which is fine when I’m sick and lying in bed or on the couch, but when I’m at work it is not fine. Es no bueno mucho.
I haven’t gone to see either of my grandparents in a long time and I need to. I’d also like to take to go and see Levi and Sydney’s new home. But it feels like an ordeal just to drive the couple of blocks to mom’s house, or the half blocks it takes to drive to my person’s. The energy it takes to drive, to pack up a kid, to worry about wet diapers and empty bellies, it takes just enough out of me to always to decide to stay home instead. And that’s crap.

No comments: