Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Monday, April 19

On Cuddling

I don’t do enough of it with Erik, and I really should. I cuddle constantly with Laine. She’s the world’s best cuddling kid. She gives sweet hugs and kisses and she burrows into my neck in the way that you only see in movies that make you cry. At night she holds me as tight as I hold her and she doesn’t need me to hold her to put her to sleep but it’s almost like she knows I need to hold her to put me to sleep. Erik deserves a cuddle or two now and then, but Laine has become something of a Momma’s girl in the past few days. I feel bad that she doesn’t reach for him as much as she used to. But then again I’m almost giddy over the fact that she reaches for me more. As much as it’s not a contest I still feel like a winner when she holds her arms out to me. This past week I’ve been reaching for her and Erik both more. When I get sick I like to have extra cuddles and when Erik is watching TV at night he likes to bug me, so it evens out. I get to hug on him and he gets to make my head jostle with his chuckles.

No comments: